May Polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Polls

The May Polls will close in the next day or so. 8-)

If you want to shuffle your orders around now is a good time

The new pollers who got email bounces from the polls@coff... address --- tis now sorted (bloody spam filter was rejecting the mail on that address). I have your PMs, direct emails and carrier pigeon notes and you will get an invoice when the polls close. Sorry for the trouble! :-[

Re: May Polls

Thanks Andy.

Appreciate the feed-back.
    And all the time and trouble that you and others must go to to organize this shootin match.

Jeff.

Comment

No worries Jeff, its all good fun and the coffee is outstanding.... which is why we keep coming back!

Polls are now closed.

Invoices will be emailed-out in the next couple of days and when everyone has paid we will order/divide/address and then freight em out.

If all goes well beans should start arriving to your addresses by the end of next week and I expect plenty of Mothers Day roasting reviews

(I know how much my wife would love me roasting on Mothers day)

Comment

Cant believe the May Polls have closed already! Um - any chance you might be running another poll this month?

Comment

They were actually longer than usual.

Quite often lately the polls seem to be only up for 48-72hrs before closing. Im guessing the larger membership and the quality of the coffees on offer mean youve got to be quick  

Comment

Yeah, its always a fine-line in the amount of time that the polls are up. Much longer and I would have people asking "when will you close the polls, I want my coffee"

Longer would be better but often the coffee suppliers supply dictates the length of polls... if we take too long the coffee gets sold to someone else and we missout (also creating a headache in refunds and re-polls).

I try and have a mix of weekend and workday for the polls to allow those that only check at home or work to get access.

We will also try and have them at the start of each month this year (or the overlap of the month change) which should help people know when they coming-up.

As always, we are fairly dynamic and will change to suit the needs of most the CSrs.

Comment

All the polls have been invoiced.

Comment

Zoeshipscat,

Someone else has suggested this before and I think its a good idea to utilize the Notification button. This way when the poll is open you will get a notifier in your email and hopefully you want miss out.

Cheers

Q

Comment

Thanks, Quebec. I think youve solved my problem. I have to confess that I hadnt even noticed the Notification button and am now kicking myself for past missed polls.

Cheers
                  Zoeshipscat

Comment

If you set the notification on the "top level" of the polls then you will be emailed whenever something is added.

This is the link for the poll notifications:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?action=boardnotify;board=NewPolls

PS: Good tip Quebec!

Comment

My email notification came through on 2/5/2006 at 9:12am. Its a web email interface so I think theres a weird date/time conversion happening, but think it was only triggered by this message that was created 1/5/2006 11:12pm, not the actual polls that were created back on the 28/4/2006. I happened to be checking the board and saw the polls go up much earlier than the message - so its better than not finding out anything.

Andy, I suspect that the notification only works for messages, any way to check that? I know normally youd set the poll message at the same time as the polls themselves goes up, but if we can close that loop as well itd be great.

Comment

Will "close the loop" too poundy.

Comment

Andy,

Are we still on track for end of week shipment of beans?

Cheers

Q

Comment

Hope so.
                            Lots of people are quite late paying so we will see how we go.

Early next week at worst I would guess.

A.

Comment

...and with a flurry of payments and activity it looks like we are back on-track for a Friday shipping of beans.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X