Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quickie: how big should a piccolo latte be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quickie: how big should a piccolo latte be?

Any particular size these should be? 60ml? 90ml? in between? doesnt matter?

Thanks in advance.

Re: quickie: how big should a piccolo latte be?

Im sure 2MCM will clarify but Ive had one served in a 60ml glass.

Boris

Comment

Liquid Gold, the baristas bible, Barista Techniques says that a Piccolo Latte is

"A version of a caffe latte served in a macchiato glass"

Should be based on an espresso - so 25-30ml of coffe or a ristretto- 15ml-20ml, topped with milk, and have 5mm of foam.

So being as a macchiato glass can be anywhere from 70ml to 90ml in size, I guess you could end up with a 90ml Piccolo latte.

Hope this helps...

Comment

They tend to be in 90ml glasses when you order them from cafes ... so sort of 1:2 ratio of espresso to milk.

Comment

Cool guys, thanks!

Comment

update: I bought a 6-pack of the Picardie 90ml glasses for $7 from a local catering place. Look about the right size for me.

Comment

i use the 90ml glasses for my morning piccolos...
              i think they are the perfect size, which of course doesnt mean the right size.
              Its fun trying to get a good rosetta from them, very hit and miss for me.

Comment

I tend to have mine in 90ml glasses. Seems to be the standard size in Sydney cafes (for those places that actually know what a piccolo is) and this is the glass size that I use at home as well. 60ml seems a bit too small for a good piccolo. Anything larger than 90ml will not work IMHO. Should anyone ever be in Sydney, Australia - the two best cafes for a piccolo are: Bar Coluzzi and Artisan Foccaceria (both in suburb named Darlinghurst) - approx 5 minutes from the city centre.

Comment

Originally posted by 79607373647B6668120 link=1151570580/7#7 date=1163562817
                  Should anyone ever be in Sydney, Australia - the two best cafes for a piccolo are: Bar Coluzzi and Artisan Foccaceria (both in suburb named Darlinghurst) - approx 5 minutes from the city centre.
                  Im sure there are quite a few that do good piccolos (and many that have never heard of them). However, you will always get a good one at Picasso on Clarence St in the City and of course, in the aptly named Piccolo Padre on Darling St in Balmain (near Victoria Rd).

I was getting weak piccolos at certain places (not the aforementioned) when I discovered that some people are under the impression that they shouldnt put a full shot in. :P Clarifying that made all the difference.

Comment

Youve only gone and dug up a three year old post so say this

Could also try the other range of usual suspects, suffice to say Mecca and Campos will give you piccolos you expect.

Comment

Working...
                    X