Recipes / suggestions to accompany espresso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipes / suggestions to accompany espresso

Just wondering what you would serve to accompany espresso after dinner - tried the usual biscotti, dark chocolate, liqueur fudges - but want to try something a bit different

Re: Recipes / suggestions to accompany espresso

Theres a lot of stuff on the net to be found regarding this type of problem.
    Some interesting, some not.

This one looks interesting, but involves a bit of alcohol, which is always good.

http://www.mochamyday.com/afterdinner.html

Sounds rather yummy :-) but it may be more of the same stuff you do already.

Belinda

Comment

Thanks Belinda - Im going to have a go at the cinnamon cheese blintz idea - should be perfect with the tangy sweetness of orange

Comment

Also try

http://www.ichef.com

and

http://www.epicurious.com/

and do a search on espresso and also coffee and youll see a bunch of rather interesting recipes come up :-)

might try some myself ...........

Belinda

Comment

My suggestions would be along the lines of...

Nice aged muscat or vintage port. Chocolate coated coffee beans, dark, milk and white chocolate. Selection of fresh and dried fruit on a platter along with some King Island Double Brie or try a Mersey Valley Aged Cheddar, soft, crumbly and very very tasty on a nice crisp water cracker.

Doesnt get much better than that!

Comment

scoota gal...

YUM... if I was offered that I would think I had died and gone to heaven

When are you having your next party?

Comment

Maybe some small hazelnut panna cottas would do the trick.

Comment

Recipe for Salame di Cioccolata (Chocolate Salami)
                WOW, this has to be my favourite dessert! And it is the first dish that all children learn how to make, unless they are glued to TV or to a computer screen all day.
                My mum used to make it when we were kids, and she would give us one thin slice each, every night, until there was no more left in the freezer. I still have scratches on my arms from fighting with my sister over the last one, the so-called culetto del salame, the bum of the salami.
                The recipe below is for two ca-20-cm-long salamis.

What you need :

250 gr. non-salted butter
                5 abundant spoons of bitter cocoa powder
                15 Digestive biscuits
                125 gr. of almonds and pistachios
                brandy or rum or Irish whiskey
                100 gr sugar (optional)

How you do it:

Work hard the butter (which you will have kept outside the fridge for at least an hour) with the chocolate powder and the sugar (if you really have a sweet tooth). Crush the biscuits and chop the dry fruit, and add them both to the buttery mix, along with the spirit of your choice. Amalgamate very delicately. Pour the mix on greaseproof paper or a sheet of buttered tin foil, and give it the shape of a big sausage, or in fact a salami!

Put the dessert in the freezer to harden it, but remember to take it out at least an hour before you intend to serve it. It can be store in the fridge for a few days, if it lasts that long, that is.

It makes for a refined dessert if you serve three slices in a big plate with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream on the side. Don’t forget to sprinkle with chocolate powder and finely chopped pistachios!

Comment

I dont know what a Digestive biscuit is but that sounds very nummy!!

Java "Now youve got me wanting chocolate and pistachios!" phile
                  Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

You could probably use a Graham Cracker as they are probably close to the Digestive..
                    Tepin

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestive_biscuit

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1159757624/0#5 date=1159795830
                        scoota gal...

YUM... if I was offered that I would think I had died and gone to heaven

When are you having your next party?

Its always a party here.

Actually, weve just come in from yet another beautiful evening outside, complete with camp oven dinner (roast chicken and veges tonight), camp fire, a couple of bottles of good pinot, theatre quality surround sound and the big outdoor movie screen we have built onto the side of our house. Id just like to brag that we measure our screens in metres here, not inches! The big screen is 16ft by 8ft high, incase you were wondering! ;D

Sure, theres a half moon at the moment, but the lcd projector is able to cope with that. We have a "walk in" as opposed to a "drive-in"!! Anyone is welcome, if you feel like making the trek...

Comment

Working...
                        X