Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly Coffee Flavoured Foods I have bought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Coffee Flavoured Foods I have bought...

Coffee, I love it and although I know anything that makes a claim to be coffee flavoured will as best be "something sorta like a coffee flavour" I still find myself buying it "just to try".

Im sure YOU do this too so feel free to post your silly coffee food in this thread...

Silly Coffee Flavoured Foods I have bought #1

Yep, coffee flavoured peanuts. Contents showed 1% coffee powder, 1% coffee flavour but I still bought it expecting them to taste like coffee.

Even my 5 & 7 yo kids said "they are nice but dont taste much like coffee"

;D

Re: Silly Coffee Flavoured Foods I have bought...

I dunno andy - thats about the silliest coffee flavoured food Ive ever seen, how the hell are we supposed to top that?

Best I can do is some coffee flavoured cheese I once bought - was pretty bad.

Comment

Im sorry.... but I think coffee flavoured cheese IS WAY FUNNIER!!

Ive never been a great fan of coffee flavoured things. I think the only thing Ive bought was choc coated coffee beans (for someone else).

Comment

Its not food but I have seen coffee scented candles.

Was tempted to buy but I managed to resist!

Comment

Cheese wins for sure so far Grendel.

Comment

Ok - this actually doesnt make me feel good - I BOUGHT the stuff! Even today I still cant believe it.

Tourist traps!

Comment

I just had a Coffee lolly!

Tasted just like Peru Chanchamyo if Im not mistaken......

well, not really.

.... in fact didnt even taste remotely like coffee :-)

Belinda

Comment

sigh... Im guilty of those too. The indo Kopi ones are reasonable but yes, only "sorta coffee".

Weak white instant with 3 sugars maybe similar.

Comment

These are Snows Assorted Confectionary. No mention of any coffee related ingredients. Although may contain nuts.

a weak white instant flavour with 3 sugars would have been nice :-)

Belinda

Comment

Ill make you some of mine - or you can make your own. Just make a toffee mix with sugar and espresso instead of sugar and water. ;D

Tastes like turkish!

Comment

Ive always been partial to a glass of coke with a few drops of espresso coffee.

They already have much in common: colour, "crema" caffeine.

But the addition of coffee alters the coke texture, making it lighter, fizzier and the taste is superb. So is the bouquet. Roll on summer.

--Rousto

Comment

Originally posted by scoota gal link=1159850369/0#3 date=1159866263
                        Its not food but I have seen coffee scented candles.

Was tempted to buy but I managed to resist!
                        I was given a coffee scented candle- even had coffee beans through it. I dont think there was much coffee smell while it burnt but it sure smelled good when you put it out- a real sweet rich smell
                        Brett

Comment

One coffee-scented thing thats actually pretty cool is the coffee/chocolate Sonic Death Monkey shower gel from Lush:

http://lush.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=9721

Most of the stuff they use in their products is all-natural, and sure enough, it has real coffee in it . The smell of coffee isnt too strong, but its quite refreshing first thing in the morning, though perhaps not as much so as that first double espresso

Comment

hi all, not exactly food, but i have coffee incense. It smells like a blend of
                            sandlewood and espresso, not bad for covering the odd slip up.

Comment

Originally posted by dennisl link=1159850369/0#13 date=1161396290
                              hi all, not exactly food, but i have coffee incense. It smells like a blend of
                              sandlewood and espresso, not bad for covering the odd slip up.
                              Just do up a roast indoors with-out turning the exhaust fan on! ;D ;D ;D

Java "Smokeem if ya gotem!" phile
                              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X