Perth Bean Collection Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth Bean Collection Point

JavaB and myself met at Epic today and I received my beans from the latest poll (yay JavaB and Andy)

We discussed the possibility of using Epic as a drop-off point for the green beans and a collection point for Perth and WA CSrs.

Corey is supportive of the idea and it would mean lower freight costs once we sort out a decent freight company (open to ideas here).

Any takers?

Re: Perth Bean Collection Point

We could start a CS delivery service. Every month wed get another road trip tale as the beans made their way across the country! ;D

Java "WooHoo! Road Trip!!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile link=1160361711/0#1 date=1160363508
      We could start a CS delivery service. Every month wed get another road trip tale as the beans made their way across the country! ;D

Java "WooHoo! Road Trip!!" phile
      Lets see.... Melbourne tp Perth normally 2-3 days.... with the required coffee stops etc..... might make it in time for the next poll ;D

Not too many power outlets in trees across the Nularbor Plain.... come to think of it - no trees either 1200km of NOTHING!!!

Comment

Green beans? green power! Go solar - plenty of that! A BP solar panel, 240v power transformer and youre away.

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1160361711/0#2 date=1160366105
          Lets see.... Melbourne tp Perth normally 2-3 days.... with the required coffee stops etc..... might make it in time for the next poll ;D

Not too many power outlets in trees across the Nularbor Plain.... come to think of it - no trees either 1200km of NOTHING!!!
          Originally posted by grendel link=1160361711/0#3 date=1160367762
          Green beans? green power! Go solar - plenty of that! A BP solar panel, 240v power transformer and youre away.
          And with the solar theres no need to stop to make your java, you can do it on the fly! Sounds like a reasonable length road trip to me! : 8-) ;D

Java "Road Trip!" phile

Comment

Although if brewing on the move we could cut down the equipment by using the cars own 12v supply. . .

Gren "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" del

Comment

But with all those green beans.....

You would have to stop and roast some.... or on the go????

Maybe a roasting drum next to the engine exhaust.... Now if we cut a hole in the floor pan ;D

No Dear, its just additional air conditioning

Comment

The possibilities are endless! Itll be the Roast N Brew road trip! No need to leave bread crumbs, just follow the chaff! ;D ;D ;D

Java "Dont forget to take pictures!" phile

Comment

I wonder if the aircon compressor can produce 9 Bar of water pressure.... (who needs aircon when you could have coffee? ;D)

A heat exchanger in the radiator..... install a group assembly on the dash.... :

Now how do we froth the milk???

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1160361711/0#8 date=1160370951
                    Now how do we froth the milk???
                    A tap off the HX in the radiator of course!

Java "Its the Javamoblile!" phile

Comment

What about the magic Presso for the coffee? That will leave the ciggy lighter for some other appliance... blender or something.

Comment

I would like to volunteer for the road trip from Melb to Perth
                        Sounds like too much fun to miss out on, love the ideas proposed so far
                        Sorry Ox, Im thinking, yep brain is hurting, Presso isnt going to cut it when we have all these other great ideas percolating around

So Java- its the Javamobile-phile are we going to see some of the ideas percolating around this thread being incorporated into your van ;D ;D ;D

Why stop at a cafe, when you can take your own, odd really.

Bullitt - who loves new ideas in travel

Comment

I thinks Bullitts pun is grounds for decaffination.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt link=1160361711/0#11 date=1160443847
                            So Java- its the Javamobile-phile are we going to see some of the ideas percolating around this thread being incorporated into your van ;D ;D ;D

Why stop at a cafe, when you can take your own
                            Anything is possible. ;D :

Until then Ill just have to live with my current on the fly solution, CP! Pre-mixed with milk in liter bottles kept on ice in a handy esky (Hows that thundergod? Better? ;D). On long trips Ill bring along as many liters of straight CP as I think Ill need in a larger esky to mix up along the way.

Java "Lovin his CP" phile

Comment

Well make an Aussie of you yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X