Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Im a newbie

Hi there everyone,[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
    Im a newbie here and thought I had better introduce myself.
    I am a proud owner of a Gaggia classic that I spent some of my inheritance money on last year when my dad died. He didnt leave me much, so I put what there was to a good cause ;D

My partner OG (Old Grumpy) are pretty much coffee addicts, which it seems most of you here are too ;D although we are fairly new to the whole roasting your own (I didnt know you could do that) game.

We live in Adelaide so I hope there are some fellow Adelaideans here, it seems that in a lot of forums I am always the first and sometimes the only Adelaidean to be a member.

I hope I can learn a lot more from you all about coffee etc and hope to be here for a long time.

Cindy

Re: Hello, Im a newbie

Welcome Cindy! Hope you enjoy your journey!

I believe that there are some great coffee places in Adelaide and I am sure that there are a few South Aussies on Coffee Snobs. Theyll admit to it sooner or later...

Comment

I have one favourite coffee shop in Adelaide, and they sell their own blend. This place has been around for 40+ years and they make wonderful coffee.

As for chains we have a few: Hudsons (excellent), Cibo (excellent, though expensive), Gloria Jeans (we need to have a vomit smiley) and our first Starbucks haas just opened up and I have found their coffee quite good - if you ask for an extra shot. Their baristas (here in Adelaide) seem to know what they are doing. I do favour hudsons or cibo over starbucks.

Comment

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs Cindy.

You can borrow my smilie when you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1163294648/0#3 date=1163312056
          Welcome to CoffeeSnobs Cindy.

You can borrow my smilie when you need it.

Thanks, I must hunt some down for myself

Comment

I like your smilie just the way it is.

Comment

Starbucks has just opened up and I have found their coffee quite good
              $tarbucks, or more affectionately known as Charbucks, thanx to the colour of their beans

Comment

Originally posted by lucinda link=1163294648/0#2 date=1163307513
                ... our first Starbucks haas just opened up and I have found their coffee quite good - if you ask for an extra shot.

Comment

Originally posted by robodoc link=1163294648/0#7 date=1163336326
                  Originally posted by lucinda link=1163294648/0#2 date=1163307513
                  ... our first Starbucks haas just opened up and I have found their coffee quite good - if you ask for an extra shot.

He he he, Im glad you spotted the irony.

Comment

... this one is not ironic, but describes the first mouthful of a bad coffee

Comment

OOOh Ive had that a few times ;D

Comment

Awesome - now we need some coffee specific smileys!

Comment

Comment

Heres a challenge for the latte arty type people among us ... Im sure a lot better can be done than this.

Comment

Heres a smilie I did at my coffee course months ago (before I even had a machine).
                              It wasnt my best art of the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X