the OTHER coffee snobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the OTHER coffee snobs

Just as an aside.... the way we here write about the vagaries of coffee machines, I know many others who discuss likewise (verbally) all about their stove tops.

The virtues of stainless steel versus aluminium, the grade of stainless steel, the thin laquered aluminium ones compared to the thick metal ones of old. Be careful not to get one with a metal handle--they burn your fingers. Be careful where the plastic handle is placed--they can melt over the gas.

They discuss how much coffee to put into the basket. And whether to fill the water above or just below the safety valve.

Not to mention endless opinions about which supermarket roasted beans are best.

To each their own.

--Robusto

Re: the OTHER coffee snobs

I managed to pick up a stainless steel and Bakelite stovetop from a local market, which, up until recently, I figured was just for decoration, then I went camping recently, and low and behold, great tasting coffee produced from my stovetop and a gas range!

Gotta be happy about that!

ACG

Comment

I bought a SS one off that site recently and tried it once out of curiosity.
      Atm its used for decoration and will probably stay that way, but the novelty of it intrigued me enough to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by robusto link=1167193930/0#0 date=1167193930

Not to mention endless opinions about which supermarket roasted beans are best.

To each their own.
        --Robusto
        Just for interest sakes, in case I decide to go back to really horrible coffee again, what supermarket brands do they believe are best??

Belinda

Comment

I have a couple of brand names, but I deign not to libel the companies!

--Robusto

Comment

Working...
          X