Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hols next week - Sunshine Coast

Hi All

Over time I have slowly encouraged my two teenage offspring to enjoy a good coffee. My wife is of Sicilian heritage and has been easer to bring on board :-) She is also very strong on FAMILY time!!!

I am taking my family up to the Sunshine Coast next week and am attempting to do the family thing, however it is really all a con. On the pretence of a drive or two I am looking to try out some coffee establishments :-)

Thus I have already contacted one of teh CS Sponsors " Pioneer Coffee Roastery" and as they are in between the Ginger factory and the Macadamia factory, it will allow me suggest a number of options. My two retro-bates also like the markets and I was sure that there was another location some where in or near Eumundi that had a good name. If some one can confirm or deny it would be helpful.

If any one has some recommendations as to where to go OR for that matter where NOT to go, I would be glad to get a PM from you.

Son = Affogato, Cappuccino, Macchiato, Iced Coffee & Syrup Coffees
    Daughter = Cappuccino, Mocha Latte, Iced Coffee & Syrup Coffees
    Wife = Cappuccino, Flat White & Mocha Latte
    Me = Ristretto, Doppio, Macchiato, Caffè freddo, Flat White, Iced Coffee, Affogato and Doppio Ristretto (It all depends on what I have been doing and if I have eaten during the day)

What we need is a way of identifying CS so that we all know who we are and can promote each other. I dont expect a free coffee and understand that a establishment may be busy, but do like it when you can acknowledge another CS member.

Any issues with teh CS logo being put on a tee shirt ?

Re: Hols next week - Sunshine Coast

AM - I love your thinking, Id kinda like to go down the t-shirt path myself, I think I alluded to that in a post some moths back about Andy needing to ensure that the Intellectual Property of CS is protected but promoted as well.

Id Also love to see a coffee snob rating system for cafes (based on the little snob cups from the logo).

Comment

Hmmmm... maybe wed be thrown out of some establishments. Perhaps a secret sign, eh. Known only to fellow members.

--Robusto

Comment

ah yes, a small sign of the CS etched on the lintel (I once tried etching on a lentil but it was far to small for practical use).

Comment

I thought wed agreed a grouphead burn on the forearm was to be the "sign".

You know, like in the old Kung Fu series where he picks up the pot with his forearms and burns the dragon etc into his arms.

You raise your arm somewhat like a black power salute to expose the grouphead burn and are instantly recognised for what you are, a bloody idiot CoffeeSnob.

Comment

Perhaps wed better forget body disfigurement and go for something innocuos and verbal...

Like: "(whistling into the air, clears throat) Ummm.... the...er....ducks fly north for the winter when the full moon rises.... (await response)

((Fellow customer screws up face and looks at you as though you are a complete idiot))

On second thoughts, lets keep to out anonymous selves.

---Ro "anonymous" busto

Comment

Ok Guys and Gals...

I know where all the Body art places are and while my son may be into full body piecing, burns and scarification along with my few tats and work generated scarification.....

My post was asking about recommended places as to where I might be able to enjoy a good COFFEE on the Sunshine Coast as I do have an addiction :-)

Comment

Hey there AM,

I dont remember posting my picture up anywhere, howd you get hold of it? :-[

One place I can recommend is in Buderim and the premises from whom I purchased my wonderful little Bezzera ;D, they being "Samsara Fine Organic Cuisine" 87 Burnett Street Buderim and ask for Gilles (the owner), a very discerning gentleman who Im sure would be more than happy to make a brew to your specifications

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1168310428/0#7 date=1168335160
                  Hey there AM,

I dont remember posting my picture up anywhere, howd you get hold of it? :-[
                  That dammed photographer, he stated that it was ME and he had never seen another quite like it :-)

I did see another on his wall and that did have a distinctive CS look to it. Maybe this is you

One place I can recommend is in Buderim and the premises from whom I purchased my wonderful little Bezzera ;D, they being "Samsara Fine Organic Cuisine" 87 Burnett Street Buderim and ask for Gilles (the owner), a very discerning gentleman who Im sure would be more than happy to make a brew to your specifications

Mal.
                  I will endever to get to Buderum and try a drop of their elixir. Strange is it not that the chemical compound is so simple... Coffee C20H25N30 see below, yet the taste varies so much due to other influences.

Comment

Those pictures are great.
                    I spent a night in hospital the other week and as they were letting me go I joked to the nurse that she could leave the cannula in my arm where theyd taken blood samples, so I couls use it when I got home to top up my caffeine.
                    I got desperate at breakfast time and tried the Nescafe sachet but couldnt stomach it and Id run out of water then to have the tea instaed.

Anyway, she laughed knowingly and then took it out. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1168310428/0#9 date=1168343810
                      Those pictures are great.
                      I spent a night in hospital the other week and as they were letting me go I joked to the nurse that she could leave the cannula in my arm where theyd taken blood samples, so I couls use it when I got home to top up my caffeine.
                      I got desperate at breakfast time and tried the Nescafe sachet but couldnt stomach it and Id run out of water then to have the tea instaed.

Anyway, she laughed knowingly and then took it out. ;D
                      What you wanted was one of these;

Comment

Originally posted by AngerManagement link=1168310428/0#8 date=1168340926
                        Maybe this is you

Good likeness but a bit too laid back AM

Mal.

Comment

Samsara is no longer there, they unfortunately went under. However, it is now a great restuarant called Decs on Buderim, and they use my coffee and dont brew a bad cup either.

Comment

Originally posted by AngerManagement link=1168310428/0#10 date=1168346336

What you wanted was one of these
                            Sort of but with espresso in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1168310428/0#12 date=1168386389
                              Samsara is no longer there, they unfortunately went under. However, it is now a great restuarant called Decs on Buderim, and they use my coffee and dont brew a bad cup either.
                              Ohh,

Sad to hear about Samsara but good on the other hand that you can still get a great coffee there under a different banner, and using your beans too 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                              X