Non drippy teapot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non drippy teapot?

Can anyone recommend a really good non-drippy or leaky teapot?

Last night as I emptied the tea leaves over the balcony, a frog jumped on my leg and gave me a fright upon which I threw the teapot into the backyard.

It now doesnt hold tea anymore. SO Im on the hunt for the ultimate teapot. I havent found it yet in all my years of tea snobbery. So Id love some recommendations.

oh and it has to be white.

Meg

Re: Non drippy teapot?

Meg this is the brand I have.

It is not drippy and japanese and very nice. You can get them in different sizes too. The brand is Beehouse and thewy are very very nice.

Naughty froggy giving you such a fright ;D

Comment

Heres some nice Teapots Meg,

No plain white ones though :-?

Mal.

Comment

Knowing very little about that alternative caffeine beverage and its accutriments, how does a tea pot leak or drip?

--Robusto

Comment

Generally they dribble from the spout a bit and when you finish pouring they still hold a drip sometimes that needs a wee shake to get rid of.

The Beehouse teapots are very good and dont tend to do this.

Comment

Some very "interesting" designs on that site you linked to Mal

Makes my Twinnings Infusior look a big boring. But that is okay means the coffee things can be more of a focus.

Comment

Yes mate,

They are very, errr..... different :-?. A couple of them dont even look anything like a teapot and would be sure to raise a comment or two . Gotta love different ;D

Mal.

Comment

Thank Lucinda,

That teapot looks just the ticket. I shall track it down. And I really like Japanese ceramic - I have some crackle glaze cups that are a similar hue.

Thanks Mal.... er I think...

Actually I thought the teapots were all quite beautiful and unique but probably not going to cut it for the evening russian caravan. ;D

Cheers

Meg

Comment

What about the ROBUR?

http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/collection/database/?irn=11636&search=sphere&images=

Comment

Originally posted by meg-e link=1168862299/0#7 date=1168945130

Thanks Mal.... er I think...

Actually I thought the teapots were all quite beautiful and unique but probably not going to cut it for the evening russian caravan. ;D

Cheers

Meg
                    Oh, I dunno, some of those pots might go well with that dirty sock tea a.k.a Russian Caravan!  :P ;D

Comment

I bought a new white teapot from the local salvos store - they obviously bought a bulk lot from somewhere. Small and doesnt drip - cost a dollar.

Comment

There are some really nice teapots here also. Look for the white french one. I want to get the fancy cast iron Japanese one because it is meant to retain heat the best but its really expensive.

(Sorry cant provide a direct link its one of those irritating flash websites, but well worth a look.)

Comment

How about sticking some clear beverage tubing on the end of the spout?

Comment

Working...
                          X