Buying beans online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying beans online

Im not sure Im in the right section but Id like some information on ordering fresh beans online. My location (near Melbourne but not close enough to get to travel regularly) makes it difficult to get fresh beans. We do have coffee shops but because of a small turnover the beans are not as fresh as I would like.

Where do people recommend I can buy fresh beans on line? Hopefully they will package them in one way valve bags and deliver quickly. Do any of the site sponsors offer this service?

Re: Buying beans online

hi barri,

im sure serge over at Go Barista or Veneziano would be glad to fix you up with some beans

Comment

Try Coffee Hit as well. Great service.

www.coffeehit.com.au

Comment

Thanks guys but do they deliver fresh beans? Do they package them in one way valve bags?

Comment

Do you want green beans or already roasted?

Comment

Originally posted by lucinda link=1169793446/0#4 date=1169806013
            Do you want green beans or already roasted?
            Roasted

Comment

Try some of the site sponsors. 2MCM (chris) would possibly be able to help you out with a great referral.

Comment

Coffee Hit roast them when you order, Im pretty sure: theyre definately fresh. Theyll usually have them on your doorstep within 24 hours, in zip lock bags with valves. Cant recommend these guys highly enough, Ive never been disappointed.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I guess that I should put my Veneziano hat on and say that we do do online orders. The only caveat is that our webpage currently has most of our blends available only in 1kg for mail order. Updating this to more realistic quantities is on a "to do" list somewhere. However, we dispatch heaps of coffee by mail every day. If you give us a call, well be happy to ship smaller quantities.

Taking my Veneziano hat off, Id like to say that I look at mail order coffee as an adventure. Its a fantastic way to try out different coffees from all sorts of roasters all over the place!

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Thanks Luca

I wish your web site had pricing and an on line ordering setup

Ill ring Monday

Comment

Barri

It does (click on "SHOP" - top right corner)...

$24-$36 a kilo plus postage....

Comment

Originally posted by mwatt link=1169793446/0#7 date=1169807585
                        Coffee Hit roast them when you order, Im pretty sure: theyre definately fresh. Theyll usually have them on your doorstep within 24 hours, in zip lock bags with valves. Cant recommend these guys highly enough, Ive never been disappointed.
                        If this is the case ... roasted on order - packaged in proper bags etc then thats great. just what i wanted.

Id love someone from coffee hit to confirm this

Comment

Barri,

Just to give you an example of the money to be saved when you decide to do your own roasting.... there is a famous roaster in WA (not a site sponsor so PM me if you want the details) who have web ordering and will ship - basically overnight - in one way valved bags - and that is a definite....

One of the green beans Ive bought from Andy and also from Go Barista a AA variety in both cases... for $9.50 a kilo - they sell exactly the same bean roasted for $30 a kilo - minimum quantity 1kg - plus shipping...

So there is heaps of money to be saved!

Comment

JavaB, theres no doubting what youve said and in the long term I will eventually buy a roasting device (Ill probably go to First Pour and see one of Chris roasters) but in the short term I would just like some fresh beans at a reasonable price. My own home town cant provide this at the moment so online from a reputable dealer is my best option. BTW looking at coffee hits site as an example I can get delivered beans way cheaper then my local supplier. Probably fresher too!

Comment

Barri, go for a popcorn popper set up. Believe me it is a great way to learn about roasting as it is right there in your face and you can see everything that is going on. I have found it very helpful to see the different stages and I can hear first and second crack. It is also dead easy. Just put in your beans, turn on the machine and watch it all happen.

I have observed the iRoast2 in action and it is a great machine, considering one for myself, but when you are starting out, the popper or the Coretto (breadmachine setrup) are a great way to get an understanding of what is going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X