BARISTA JOB - Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BARISTA JOB - Sydney

Found this on the web in mycareer - recently posted...

Boardroom Attendant/Barista

Professional and Polished Environment

Excellent Opportunity

To $50K PKG

What about this for an opportunity!! Leading Sydney firm are requiring an experienced Barista/Waiter to be the newest member to their Business Services Team!

Working shifts between the core hours of 6:30am and 7:00pm Monday to Friday you will be kept on your toes from day one! In this busy position you will be responsible for providing service of coffee, tea and beverages to the meeting and training rooms, ensuring areas, rooms and kitchens are kept clean and tidy, maintenance of the coffee machine, function room set up and all general duties as they arise.

To be successful in your application you MUST possess previous barista experience, hold a valid Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate, customer service focussed and a flexible, mature disposition. Be sure not to miss this fantastic opportunity - APPLY NOW! KT30188

For a confidential discussion please call Kristy Thorpe quoting reference number KT30188:1 on:
    Phone: 02 9237 2300
    Email: kristy@legal-eagles.com.au
    Please click the "Apply Now" button below

Re: BARISTA JOB - Sydney

RSA.
    I wonder what theyre putting in the coffee.

"Sorry sir, thats your 3rd coffee, I think youve had enough!"

"Have you had anything to drink tonight driver?"
    "Only 2 short blacks and a macchiato officer."
    "Blow into this tube until I tell you to stop."

Comment

I should imagine like any good office boardroom, theyd be serving beer and wine after 5pm. I see that the job is for as late as 7pm.

Comment

not bad pay to do what you love scoota

Comment

630 am to 7pm - thats mighty long hours.

Comment

Pretty amazing pay for that sort of job, I would have thought. Love to know who the "leading Sydney firm" is! Surely "legal-eagles" is not really a real name of a law firm!

The ad says "shifts between the core hours of 6.30am to 7pm". A twelve hour shift isnt uncommon these days I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by lucinda link=1173748072/0#4 date=1173766545
              630 am to 7pm - thats mighty long hours.
              Youre not wrong

I had to work those sorts of hours (and sometimes longer) for nearly 10 years and it is not good for your health, family and social life.... to name a few ,

Mal.

Comment

No, no, no - you have it all wrong!

The shift could start as early as 6.30am and finish as late as 7pm but you would still only work a max of 8 hours in between those times.

Legal Eagles is a very large legal office who basically provide law firms with temp workers etc.

Comment

I highly doubt your job will be mainly barista related. I think it will require a lot of bar skills and more alcohol than coffee.

Comment

As some have pointed out already in a round about way, read all the lines and even in between the lines. It is not uncommon for large firms to have a kind of "in house catering manager" on staff. I think theyve got their job classification/description/position title all mixed up and for 50 k, the succesful applicant will be sweating blood cleaning up after, and trying to organise catering and beverage around a bunch of blue suits and stilletos all day.

Ofcourse, I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon link=1173748072/0#9 date=1173784004
                      Ofcourse, I could be wrong.
                      No youre not.

"ensuring areas, rooms and kitchens are kept clean and tidy, maintenance of the coffee machine, function room set up and all general duties as they arise"

So as well as making the coffee and serving the alcohol, you have to clean up after then, set up the meeting rooms and anything else considered "general duties".

Ever set up a meeting room for a large meeting, say 50 people?
                      Unstacking and placing all the chairs and then putting them all away again is a PITA. Hot sweaty backbreaking work.
                      Potentially they are going to get a lot for the money.

On the other hand, the meeting rooms may be small and the job may be cushy.

Id want to know what the coffee machine was.

If its a Krups they arent paying enough.

Comment

Have got to say some of the remarks made really amuse me - I never expected it to be easy for $50k lordy you are a suspicious bunch of cynics

I only posted this because I thought someone might be interested, pick up the phone, and ask the advertiser more about the job.

I think theyre using this old piece of junk....

Comment

Wowee....but then again...youll probably spend a good 1 hr on it per day?

Comment

Id just like to see what happens if you pressed all those buttons at once - Houston...we have lift off!

Comment

Last time I was up at 6:30 am it was to use the bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                              X