Antiques Roadshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiques Roadshow

OK, this might be fun, Lets see all your antiques (relating to coffee). Take a picture of your coffee related antique and give us a brief overview of its history, Should be fun to see what is out there in CS land.

Re: Antiques Roadshow

Originally posted by The Goodies link=1174345137/0#0 date=1174345137
    OK, this might be fun,  Lets see all your antiques (relating to coffee).  Take a picture of your coffee related antique and give us a brief overview of its history,  Should be fun to see what is out there in CS land.

Searching....searching....Will my gran do? She has lots of coffee history! ;D

Comment

Found this jar of something at the back of the cupboard.
      Should we submit it to the roadshow?

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy link=1174345137/0#2 date=1174348210
        If its got something to do with coffee and it has an interesting background, then why not.

Comment

I bought this 1970s lever machine last year for next to nothing off ebay. Still works quite well, but the temperature is entirely unregulated.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Originally posted by The Goodies link=1174345137/0#3 date=1174350288
            Originally posted by fatboy link=1174345137/0#2 date=1174348210
            If its got something to do with coffee and it has an interesting background, then why not.
            I can make out the letter NES and FE
            Something about a number of beans in a cup.
            The use by date was 8 years ago.
            I think it may have once pretended to have something to do with coffee.

Should I have this insured?
            Or should I call an exorcist?

Comment

The question is fatboy can you make out the virgin marys face on it ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1174345137/0#4 date=1174350901
                I bought this 1970s lever machine last year for next to nothing off ebay.  Still works quite well, but the temperature is entirely unregulated.

Cheers,

Luca
                Cool one Luca, is this used at all or do you just keep it as a collectors piece, only pulled out every now and then to show off your variety in coffee making machines?

Comment

Heres my entry: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1121040424

Java "Roadtrip!" phile
                  Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Goodies link=1174345137/0#7 date=1174362050
                    Cool one Luca, is this used at all or do you just keep it as a collectors piece, only pulled out every now and then to show off your variety in coffee making machines?
                    I use it a bit, but not all that often. It produces a cup with less body than a traditional machine, but seems to bring out more of the flavours that you get with French Press than espresso. Interesting. The element is controlled directly with the on/off switch, which means that you can use a thermometer in the boiler and systematically explore different brew temps pretty easily ... or you dont use one and take a shot in the dark. When I get some time, I have a replacement seal kit, but the 30 or 40 year old ones are holding up fine for the moment. This machine is a perfect candidate for a PID.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1174345137/0#9 date=1174365767
                      This machine is a perfect candidate for a PID.
                      Ah no mate,

Thatd ruin the aesthetics..... Its a beautiful little machine just as it is

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                      X