Cup sizes. What to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cup sizes. What to get?

Ive been looking at coffee cups lately and have noticed that they come in a *much* broader range of sizes that I ever thought. What size (ml) is the most versatile? Does it even matter? What are they all for?

Ive got some 150ml cups on order, but orders can be changed if need be.

Yes, I know this is a silly question but then I never expected to be confused by cup sizes either :S

Re: Cup sizes. What to get?

Yeah, its pretty silly!

IMHO, 150mL or so is just about perfect for a single cappuccino. It is also great for a long black/americano. The ACF and Terra Keramik cups (pictured) see the most use at my place ... although my sister broke one of the ACFs not ten minutes ago ... grrr ..

Get some espresso cups too and youll be set.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1176018693/0#1 date=1176032415
      The ACF and Terra Keramik cups (pictured) see the most use at my place ...
      ... which is saying something, because I seem to have collected quite a few cups ;P

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Ok, weve got volume sorted then, how about tulip vs. whatever-the-other-shape-is-called? Is there a difference? The tulip ones look nicer, IMO but is there a practical difference?

Espresso cups would be the 70ml ones, right?

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1176018693/0#1 date=1176032415
          although my sister broke one of the ACFs not ten minutes ago ... grrr ..
          Ha ha! That would have got you feeling all unchristian this easter sunday! ;D
          Wait... How can I laugh when I dont even have the cups of coolness :-/

Comment

I have one ACF cup that I bought in NZ a few years ago. Nobody is allowed to touch it. If I break it, so be it - if they break it I break them ;D

Comment

Where can you get those terra keramik cups? They look really nice

Comment

Originally posted by lucinda link=1176018693/0#5 date=1176039346
                I have one ACF cup that I bought in NZ a few years ago. Nobody is allowed to touch it. If I break it, so be it - if they break it I break them ;D
                I think that thats a sensible policy. Come to think of it, the three cups that my sister has broken over the past two weeks were all ACFs ... the tulip cappuccino cup, one of the espresso cups from the la marzocco factory and another cup given to me by a barista in Pisa. And she hasnt even offered to do anything about it. Hmmm. We will have words soon.

Where can you get those terra keramik cups? They look really nice
                Unfortunately, theyre a bit of an indulgence; they have to be posted from overseas and theyre not exactly cheap. The only reason that I have them is because the global distributor wanted to talk to me about the Australian market and ended up sending me some samples to try out. I blogged about it here.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Hi Luca,

If there was enough interest, do you think the distributor would do a shipment to Oz?

I would be keen on some espresso & cappa cups.

Cheers,

Karl

Comment

Me too. I would love one of those Terra Karramik cups. Colour decision may be an issue though :

I had a look at their website and they have some gorgeous teapots too.

Comment

I think it would be red for me

Comment

Originally posted by KarlS link=1176018693/0#8 date=1176081517
                        If there was enough interest, do you think the distributor would do a shipment to Oz?

I would be keen on some espresso & cappa cups.
                        Sure. The distributor will ship them out to oz now if you like, but shipping on small amounts is a bit of a killer, particularly because they are exceptionally well packed. I think that Reto footed an $18USD bill per cup to get each one to me! I asked him about shipping sets and he will now do a 10% discount on sets of four or more and has worked out how to package the sets to minimise shipping costs.

The problem is that they are something like $40AUD per cup and before shipping. I presumed that this would be a bit of a problem. However, if there really is enough interest I could always see if we can get a local distributorship at work.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Just thinking (I know, a very dangerous past time) that if we had enough people who wanted to make up an order eg up to 50 - 100 than we could get a bulk shipment whenever we hit that 100 mark.

At $40 each, I could only afford one, as I am sure a few of us are in the same position. There are some people who would be able to buy more so if there are enough of us to make up a large order which would bring the cost of shipping down.

Just something to consider.

Comment

I would certainly be interested in two cups if a bulk order was being considered.

Comment

Huzzah! Im happy for all this discussion because I really like kitchen and tableware...including cups

If theres a bulk buy then Ill likely take part. Two cups maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X