Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cafe

Gday all,
    I just had a phone call from my lovely bride to be with some news that she thought I might find interesting.
    One of the shops around the corner from where I work has been vacant for a few months, it used to be a bike shop.
    Ive just been told that therell be a new cafe, and that theyre going to be doing their own roasting.
    I dont know if theyll have one of those counter top jobbies, or a gigantor roaster out the back.
    Either way, as Big Kev would say, Im excited. ;D
    I will, of course, give them a thorough testing and review.
    Cant wait.

Re: New cafe

Im keeping my fingers crossed for ya Lovey.

Comment

Thanks Juls,
      I dont expect miracles, but the owner of the shop was given a rap by a visiting colleague. He said that their coffee was a notch above that of another semi-local roaster, whose products I quite enjoy. He is friends with the owner though, so its a bit of a biased opinion.
      Im living by a principle passed on to me by avery wise man.

He who expects little in life is seldom dissapointed. ;D

Comment

sounds good, wish it was round the corner from me

Comment

Ive been peeking through the window at the fit out taking place, my BTB slows down as we drive past it so I can have a better look :-[.
          It appears that the initial thougts of this place being a cafe were a bit off. It has a sign on the door which indicates that its going to sell and service coffee equipment. It also says that its opening soon, but no date yet

Comment

if the sell and service it then they gotta make it too AND be good at it.

Comment

This new place finally opened about 3 weeks ago, I know Ive been slack waiting this long :-[.
              It would seem that my initial thoughts about it being a cafe were a bit wide of the mark :.
              The shop sells coffee machines and accessories, roasted beans, services coffee machines, and last but not least, sells cups of coffee.
              I had a chat with the owner, Graham, about most things coffee, particularly my home roasting set up. I dont know if he was impressed that I had more of a green bean stash than him, or if he thought I was mad ;D.
              He was telling me about one of his blends which he wont sell to a lot of the shops in the area, reason being their machine cleaning habits leave a lot to be desired, and that would make the coffee taste bad. I like his thinking.
              He roasts on the premises using a counter top roaster which looks like a glass popper. I know the name of the company supplying it, but wont name it.
              He is a service/warranty agent for Expobar, Saeco and ECM, possibly others.
              Overall, its a great little shop and well worth popping in for a look.

Comment

Where is it?

Comment

Hey there,
                  its on Beach road Batemans Bay, opposite the Ford dealer.

Comment

Working...
                  X