Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will we see Tea again

Andy

Any idea when we might see some tea again.

My wife drinks the coffee and accepts the bean buying well, but when she found out about the teas that have been done she was pretty cross that I wasnt buying up on tea.

Alec

Re: When will we see Tea again

Good question -- its been a while ....

That Darjeeling is superb.

Comment

the chinese gunpowder green tea was a total hit for my and my mates.. still have a bit left too

Comment

I bought 3 kilos of the Darjeeling and am still enjoying it (that which we didnt give away for Christmas that is!). Love some more though.

Comment

A CS new b I may b but if years of coffee snobbery count for anything , I am a battle-hardend old b!
          From a not-too-distant past when to get a decent shot, fellow Brisbanites had to rely on Melbourne suppliers for their brown beans, to today, when we can order a short black at a local cafe and our dog can join us for a puppacino, were looking at a totally different universe.
          The coffee snob subculture peopled by oldies like me who were fortunate enough to find local sources of green SO Columbian and burned them with a limited number of home roasting devices, woke up one morning to find that we represent an evolutionary dead end.... a sort of Neanderthal species! The new subculture is better represented by the HGs and Corettos, whose refined taste goals require the management of a bewildering array of bean types, their blending and the precise timing and temperature of first and second cracks. And shock, horror...many of them actually use thermoblock machines!
          I take my hat off to you all. I might even put the iroast aside, buy a heat gun and dog bowl to become a born again coffee snob.
          But wait. Theres still TEA! Tea snobbery has been developed over the millenia by the Asians. Japanese and Chinese tea ceremonies may represent the ultimate refinement to the hoi polloi and have some equivalence to the latte art of the barista but the true tea snob revels in the sophistication of arcane white, green and boquet teas and hand stiched peach or lotus blossom balls.
          With interest on antioxidents on the up and the mainstreaming of coffee now commonplace, the snob growth area could well be tea.
          I notice the reference to Darjeeling and wonder what has happened in the past.
          Carl

Comment

Andy,

I am just about out of Earl Grey as well!

Comment

We finally finished the Earl Grey about a month ago and have gone back to the supermarket stuff.

Oh no, what a let down!!!

The difference is so pronounced. That tea from BeanBay was fantastic.

I am hoping for more in July.

Comment

The wait might not be that long Geoff...
                but think a repeat of highest grade Darjeeling not Earl.

Comment

Excellent, didnt get the Darjeeling last time it was on offer and was sorry to have missed out.

Look forward to trying to snaffle some this time.

Comment

So, does the tea come in stay fresh foil wrapped FRESH bags, if not I am not interested. : : :;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by coastal coffee link=1177766686/0#9 date=1182410704
                      So, does the tea come in stay fresh foil wrapped FRESH bags, if not I am not interested.  : : :;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
                      Nope- we pre-pack it in pods for your convenience. After that, it ages like a fine wine.... :

Comment

Ummm...
                        Think 1kg in a zip bag then put into a cotton bag (to make it more postie proof).

...I trust our resident TeaSnobs will then transfer the contents into their own suitable container.

(like a coffee plunger!)

Comment

Lapsang souchong comments have been moved to a  [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1182421894]New Poll[/link]

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1177766686/0#10 date=1182410780
                            Originally posted by coastal coffee link=1177766686/0#9 date=1182410704
                            So, does the tea come in stay fresh foil wrapped FRESH bags, if not I am not interested. : : :;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
                            Nope- we pre-pack it in pods for your convenience. After that, it ages like a fine wine.... :

So, where do you get a T pod infuser then,

or will the existing fresh coffee pod making miracle machine do ? 8-)

Comment

You can pull tea shots from your machine. Just make sure you flush often, and remove the PF between shots.

Comment

Working...
                              X