Cupping courses..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cupping courses..?

Im wondering if theres something along the lines of an "intro to cupping" course offered in NSW?

I think Ive got a learning bug after doing the Sydney Advanced Home Espresso thing... I really want to learn about cupping, blending, more stuff on roasting, as well as latte art... everything! Is there stuff on offer..?

Michelle

Re: Cupping courses..?

Originally posted by mwatt link=1178538907/0#0 date=1178538907
    Im wondering if theres something along the lines of an "intro to cupping" course offered in NSW?

I think Ive got a learning bug after doing the Sydney Advanced Home Espresso thing... I really want to learn about cupping, blending, more stuff on roasting, as well as latte art... everything! Is there stuff on offer..?

Michelle
    Michelle- You just HAVE to cup with Hazel....Im sure DiBartoli can organise something for a group?

If not come down and do the master class at the academy. Hazel runs day one with a whole heap of palate work. On day two, its cupping with Jill, a roaster tour and latte art with Simon....Its a great weekend...

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1178538907/0#1 date=1178539451

Michelle- You just HAVE to cup with Hazel....Im sure DiBartoli can organise something for a group?

If not come down and do the master class at the academy. Hazel runs day one with a whole heap of palate work. On day two, its cupping with Jill, a roaster tour and latte art with Simon....Its a great weekend...

Chris
      oooh, that sounds brilliant!!!!! Can you PM more details..? Or a web-link, anything, more info pleeease!!!

Sydney master class???? (hint, hint) Im sure Im not the only one whod be there with bells on!!

Comment

Originally posted by mwatt link=1178538907/0#2 date=1178540195
        Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1178538907/0#1 date=1178539451

Chris
        oooh, that sounds brilliant!!!!! Can you PM more details..? Or a web-link, anything, more info pleeease!!!

Sydney master class???? (hint, hint) Im sure Im not the only one whod be there with bells on!!
        It must be possible to get something happening in Sydney- Hazels local and perhaps a session with Scotty once he gets back from Tokyo? ...If not, the link to the academy course: http://coffee.angliss.vic.edu.au/advanced.htm#cm

Chris

Comment

Whats the difference between the prepare and serve espresso coffee THHBFB12A and THHBFB12B
          Can both be used for the accreditation for AASCA?

Comment

Originally posted by Coffee Kid link=1178538907/0#4 date=1178542000
            Whats the difference between the prepare and serve espresso coffee THHBFB12A and THHBFB12B
            Can both be used for the accreditation for AASCA?
            THHBFB12B superseeded THHBFB12A some years ago now...For further info on the scope of the courses: http://www.ntis.gov.au/Default.aspx?...unit/THHBFB12B

Comment

id be keen to do a cupping course here in Sydney too, the idea of a weekend course in Melbourne also appeals, but itd be maybe October before i had the spare time to spend a weekend down there.

I think Ive been bitten by the same bug as you mwatt, the Advanced course was the second time ive been to Di Bartoli for training, having attended their basic course run by Hazel earlier in the year. Im still not sure whats more fun though, the learning part or the hanging out with fellow CSers!

Comment

Id love to do one in Adelaide, actually OG would be interested too.

I wonder if it would be worth somebodys while to hold a CS cupping class in each city? Airfares are reasonably cheap atm. If not enough CS are interested open it to others too?

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1178538907/0#3 date=1178540568
                  It must be possible to get something happening in Sydney- Hazels local and perhaps a session with Scotty once he gets back from Tokyo? ...If not, the link to the academy course: http://coffee.angliss.vic.edu.au/advanced.htm#cm

Chris
                  I know that Hazel is going to be busy for the next few weeks preparing for the International Cupping Championship in Antwerp (being the newly crowned Australian Cupping Champion!!)

On a side note, I did a very impromptu cupping session with Hazel a few weeks back when I took her a sample of some beans that I had roasted. Talk about feeling intimidated!  ;D Seriously if we can get her to run a course it would be fantastic. She has so much knowledge and skill and shes really friendly to boot!

Comment

ooh yeah, Id be up for something for some cupping. I could possibly swing a day in Sydney (from Newcastle), but a couple of days in Melbourne wouldnt work for me at the moment or any time soon, although the two day thing sounds awesome. Ive heard so many good things about Hazel, that this would have to be great!

Top idea Michelle.

Comment

I shot an email to Renzo & Ofra earlier drawing their attention to this thread, just in case they hadnt seen it yet.

Comment

yep.. Id be interested in this....

Comment

Hi guys,

Back in September last year, we have tried to run with Hazel the "Coffee Appreciation and Introduction to Coffee Roasting" session in her roastery at Marickville, yet we  havent received much of enthusiasm as we witness today, thus it never took off…

Im happy to chat to Hazel about re-introducing our original plans for the course. As Hazel would be busy in the next 2 months, and Di Bartoli would have 2 other sessions happening (Basic Home Barista with Hazel 23rd of June and Latte Art beginning of July), we may find it challenging squeezing another event in...

Nevertheless, will let you all know how we go with that. Thanks for the interest and for giving us the opportunity to introduce another exciting session to our program.

Comment

I know Di Bartoli are probably really busy getting ready for Aroma, but I thought Id dig up this thread just to show Im still super keen!

Any developments?

Michelle

Comment

Yeh, Id be in it also...

Comment

Working...
                              X