No announcement yet.

What do you eat along with your coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you eat along with your coffee?

Whether its at home, a cafe, restaurant, wherever its nice to have something to go along with your coffee sometimes. For me at least, having something sweet completely kills the taste of coffee for me. But its the sweet things that typically come to mind to pair with a nice cup.

I know you can have anything you like to go with your coffee but like wine, Im assuming there are perfect pairings that highlight the best of the food and the best of the coffee when consumed together.

Ive breakfasted at a cafe (Indulge in Bundaberg if anyone is ever passing through. Highly recommended!) and had a latte along with my bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes, etc. and it was, IMO, perfect.

So, what are your favourite things to have with coffee? Or do you prefer to enjoy the steaming cup on its own?

Re: What do you eat along with your coffee?

Originally posted by Halo link=1179531018/0#0 date=1179531018
    Ive breakfasted at a cafe (Indulge in Bundaberg if anyone is ever passing through. Highly recommended!)
    Is that in Bourbong Street Halo? When I am up there in August I will have to go and check it out!

Usually when I have a coffee sometimes I have a chocolate biscuit with it, or just the coffee on its own.

-Linda

Comment

If Im having coffee with something sweet to eat, and yesterday I had flourless chocolate mud cake, I have to drink my coffee first, so my palate doesnt get overwhelmed by what Im eating! Yesterday, however, the macchiato I ordered came as a piccolo, and was truly terrible (from a place that is usually quite good), so I shouldnt have bothered- the mud cake, however, was beautiful!

Comment

Usually nothing - just coffee.

Sometimes bacon and eggs etc same as Halo.

Sometimes Vegemite on toast - try it.

Comment

If its anything, its Chocolate ... A nice choc brownie with coffee is just amazing :-)

Comment

Cream Cheese Danish!!!!

Java "DROOL!!!!" phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

vegimite toast in morning or jam, rest of the day anything goes, ususally just the coffee most times

Comment

Comment

Ah,
                  It has be be either nice Darrel Lea Licorice or some dark 70% cocoa chocolate.
                  Nice and simple and goes with coffee.
                  Mike

Comment

food is a good start

Comment

First one of the day is a late with a cigarette. From then on it is long black after breakfast and lunch

Comment

Is that in Bourbong Street Halo?
                        Sure is. Theres also a newish place called Teaspoon not too far away from it but if you want proper food along with your coffee, you cant go past Indulge. Teaspoon is more of a coffee shop where you might get a piece of cake or something along with your coffee.

Teaspoon also has a Mazzer of some type if I recall right.

So, the majority of food items listed seem to be more flavour oriented or savory-ish (dark chocolate, brownies, vegemite) if anything at all. Hmmm. Ill have to see if I can any dark chocolate left...

Comment

Usually, when entertaining here, dinner is followed by a choice of various chocolate treats, a cheese platter and to drink coffee and a very good port or muscat. Its quite nice to have coffee and port together I think.

But yes, it seems that coffee will go with most things. Ice cream is another thing that it goes very well with! You could probably google up some very interesting receipes with coffee in them too. Might be a bit surprising what people will put coffee in!

Comment

hmmmm... Coffee with nearly any/every thing.  

Ice cream, ice magic, crushed nuts and a cold triple shot of a bold african bean drizzled over the top.  A single bowl goes too quick though.

Like Scoot, coffee and muscat are a perfect pair in my book.

If you are keen on cooking I can recommend...
                            Espresso Coconut Ice-cream (Kenya AA Ice Cream)
                            http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1108938564

Comment

If were talking dessert now, then vintage port goes nicely.

Comment

Working...
                              X