Spaming CSrs?  - Barista & Sons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spaming CSrs?  - Barista & Sons

Not wanting to give this mob extra exposure but...

It appears that Barista & Son has grabbed email addresses from this web site and added them to their "newsletter" without permission.

If you get/got this SPAM from them then please remind them that it is illegal in Australia to mine a web site for email addresses and to then contact those people without their consent.

Australian Spam Act 2003

For a first offence, an individual could be liable for up to a total of AU$44,000 for contraventions on a single day, while an organisation could be fined up to AU$220,000 in a day;

Repeat offenders will be penalised at a higher scale, up to a maximum of AU$220,000 payable for a each day of spamming by an individual and up to AU$1.1 million per day for an organisation;

There will also be smaller "spot fines" issued through infringement notices, or for formal warnings to be issued in cases where a court action isnt warranted
    ...and apart from that it is just down right rude to spam our members!

Re: Spaming CSrs?  - Barista & Sons

Thats one email that I dont have to worry about replying to.....

Comment

if only the 60 odd a day spams I get about growing my manly parts could be so prosecuted, plus seeing spam puts that monty python song in my head, spam spam spam spam spam, you want egg bacon spam sausage and spam?
      plus I love it when they take your own websites domain name and put garbage characters in front of your domain name and send it on...
      these people should be made to endure badly made instant in a confined cell with no toilet...

Comment

I got it too and took it out of junk mail time too put it back i
        think.

Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andy!

Comment

at least they apologised when I emailed them and asked why they had sent me SPAM and remind them of the act. Thanks for posting this Andy, I did wonder where it had come from, and thought they may have gotten my email from a review on CG or something.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

We sincerley apologise for having spammed you with our celebration video.
              It certainly was not our intention to offend or be rude, we just wanted to share our fun with you all.

Further emails will not be sent, unless of course you would like to recieve them.

[edited - Andy]

Thank you Ladies & Gentlemen.

Barista & Sons

Comment

Im making the assumption that the addresses came from here and I can assure everyone that we dont share your details with anyone (not even site sponsors).

Still angry!

Comment

Originally posted by Baristaandsons link=1181053603/0#6 date=1181108900
                  Hi Everyone,

We sincerley apologise for having spammed you with our celebration video.
                  It certainly was not our intention to offend or be rude, we just wanted to share our fun with you all.

Further emails will not be sent, unless of course you would like to recieve them.

[edited - Andy]

Thank you Ladies & Gentlemen.

Barista & Sons
                  Thanks for the apology - although I think you should know better, I also know we all make mistakes. Maybe if you have something to share, you could do so through the forum (so long as it is within the rules). That way, we might all benefit and participate as we choose?

Comment

i got it and dont have my email on any other coffee sites. I think your right Andy, came from here.

Comment

hahaha...this website is so easy to datamine.

Comment

datamine?

Comment

making a program to trawl through all the pages of CS getting useful information...in this case...email addresses.

Comment

I wasnt quite as sure when I saw the martial art uniform.

Comment

I didnt get it, so unless my ISP blocked it as spam, perhaps they didnt find mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X