Beans in Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beans in Brisbane

Finally I made my decision and picked up a Sunbeam EM0480 yesterday. But dont have any beans now to try it : I usually buy merlo ground but am after some other ideas. Is there anywhere else good in Brisvegas to buy roasted beans??? I am on the Northside. Has anyone tried the bean place at West Ashgrove or do they not sell to public?

Also I am excited about how easy (equipment wise) to roast your own. But I dont want to get in to quickly and botch it up and then be to scared to try again. So should I buy some brown beans first and play with my grinder then try to Roast?? So also some help with where to buy green beans in Brissy too.

Oh then when I get it all together I will hit Beanbay

Thanks heaps!
    Sue

Re: Beans in Brisbane

Merlo do good browns their Private blend is very nice, and for greens id say just wait for beanbay the only way to buy not only is it cheap but its a hell of a good time

Comment

For roasted beans I like Merlo, Abrisca (east Brissie) and some Aromas blends.

Dont bother with Kakoda coffee in Ashgrove, they severely underroast and you get a very bright espresso which doesnt cut through milk very well either. They may sell greens though. Its worth checking out as they only stock PNG beans. Ive heard of Merlo actually selling greens as does Abrisca. Im no sure about Aromas or Di Bella... Its worth asking..

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Thank you both. Looks like its back to Merlo. I guess its probably good to stick to what I am used to as well so I can compare.

Sue

Comment

Sueb, Id have to recommend using the brown bay for roasted beans. I think youll be surprised at how quick theyll come to you and how fresh they will be. I would be even so bold to say that theyd be guaranteed fresher than Merlos efforts even!

Just a thought!

Comment

Sue - not sure they sell green beans but Di Bella in Bowen Hills sell a good range of freshly roasted beans. Pop into their warehouse / cafe and sample a free coffee.

Comment

Last time I asked for grean beans at dibella it was the same price as their roasted!! Yep really expensive so I decided just to buy beans from beanbay

Comment

Ill second Sparkys suggestion of Abriscas in East Brisbane. Go there in the mornings and speak to the head roaster there, Celestia (she leaves at midday). Shes really nice and knows a lot about coffee. Check out their website. If Coffee Snobs didnt exist, Id get my beans from Abriscas.

Comment

Hey

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. Theres a couple more there that I didnt know about!

Im used to buying Merlo Private Blend so I will try out and few others and learn more about coffee before I start buying off CS sponsors and the Beanbay so I at least think I know what I am doing Although I will probably be ready to do it in a week as I am a little bit excited. Especially about trying to Roast my own

Sue

Comment

Hi Richi - is the Celestia an exoctic looking lady who used to manage the Aromas at Hoyts Regent about 10 years ago?

Comment

....Merlos greens are very expensive...almost the same as the roasted beans..Beanbay is much cheaper

Comment

Yes, I suppose Celestia could be described as "exotic looking" She said she always roasts her beans to around just before 1st crack and then completely cools them before roasting them again to their desired roast profile. Apparently this gives the beans a more intense flavour. Fascinating stuff. I must try it myself once Im a more "seasoned" coffee roaster ...and have a Coretto :P.

Comment

Hi CSers

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO BUY SOME RAW OR ROASTED COFFEE SUPPORT YOUR SPONSOR AT GO BARISTA 8-)

I KNOW IM COME FROM THE GOLD COAST BUT FOR YOU I WILL SEND YOUR ORDER FREE OF CHARGES :
                          OR PERHAPS A VISIT TO THE SURF WILL RECHARGE YOUR ENERGY AND COFFEE STOCKS ;D

I HAVE IN STOCK:

BRASILIAN CERRADO $9.60 /Kg
                          COLOMBIAN SUPREMO $9.80
                          GUATEMALIAN SHB $9.40
                          ETHIOPIAN HARRAR $10.80
                          INDIAN MONSOONED AA $9.80
                          TANZANIAN LUNJI ESTATE $11.80
                          PNG A ORGANIC $10.10
                          COLOMBIAN SUISS DECAF $13.50

MINIMUM ORDER 1 K/g ONLY
                          MAXIMUM ORDER 1000 K/g  :P

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE IN COFFEE ROASTING I HAVE THE
                          "GO BARISTA A" GUARANTED FRESHLY ROASTED, SUPER FOR ESPRESSO AND FILTER COFFEE
                          ON SPECIAL @ 20.00/Kg  NORMAL RRP 25.60

AND REMEMBER " FREE POSTAGE "

CONTACT ME @ www.gobarista.com.au

EMAIL ME @ sibonis@smartchat.net.au

MOBILE 0407 226 776 OR SIMPLY PM ME.

CHEERS  

SERGE

Comment

Hi Serge

Your Go Barista A sounds great! Although I dont know about visiting via the surf tis a bit cold for me Definately will drop in next time Im down that way though

Have sent you an email

Sue

Comment

Mate! Why are we buying from the beanbay with prices like that

Comment

Working...
                              X