Border Patrol - kopi luwak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Patrol - kopi luwak

Anyone catch border patrol tonight - when the Quarantine guy opened a parcel containing coffee - and got a quick crash course on Kopi Luwak?

The conflicting emotions crossing his face was a hoot

7 packages of 1 kilo each - at apparently 1000 USD per package - If I heard right they where passing the parcel back to customs for some extra "duty" to be paid.

Re: Border Patrol - kopi luwak

yep - you heard right. They werent to happy about the stuff in the plastic paperweight thing too.

Whats the chances that goes into the incinerater.

Comment

Comment

Too bad... rules are rules! If youre not going to declare something that you should, you pay the price!

Comment

On the seven newslocal news last night, Monique Wright was talking to a local Tea Room that has Kopi Luwak and sitting on the counter were the resin ornaments with the embeded green beans. It looks like they were able to pass customs and quarantine after all.

At $50 a cup, I for one wont be trying it. Considering the average price of a cup of coffee, the Kopi Luwak would have to be 10 times better at least to make it worth it.

Comment

Sunrise did a cross to the weather girl who was at a local roaster up in Townsville (I think) yesterday. Same mob who had their booty pick up on Border patrol. They did a skit where she put a cup of Kopi latte on the ground and tried to see if a local sniffer dog would sniff it out. Instead the dog took a big lick! Koshy dryly made the comment that the dog just had a $50 cup of coffee. I have no idea what the fascination is, other than the exorbitant cost.

Comment

You dont see me going around selling corn that had passed through my digestive system. If I did, what would be the going rate?

Dont get me started on psilocybin mushrooms either.

Sometimes you just gotta keep out of the sh!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Macchiato link=1183375149/0#5 date=1183513631
                Sunrise did a cross to the weather girl who was at a local roaster up in Townsville (I think) yesterday.

You got the right place, about 30 to 40 min drive from the Townsville CBD.

Comment

psilocybin mushrooms eh? Now thats a blast from the past ;D

Comment

I just opened up a Womans day magazine,

inside .........a sachet of coffee stuff ,

maybe if it was sprinkled around the kopi luwak package the border guys would not have smelt anything and not even bothered inspecting it !!

On the other hand.....they may have charged them with false and misleading conduct, or at the very least fraud! :

Craig.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Macchiato link=1183375149/0#5 date=1183513631
                      Sunrise did a cross to the weather girl who was at a local roaster up in Townsville (I think) yesterday. Same mob who had their booty pick up on Border patrol. They did a skit where she put a cup of Kopi latte on the ground and tried to see if a local sniffer dog would sniff it out. Instead the dog took a big lick! Koshy dryly made the comment that the dog just had a $50 cup of coffee. I have no idea what the fascination is, other than the exorbitant cost.
                      LOL!

My dog loves coffee and gets really excited when we drink it.

Comment

$50 a cup ? must be good shit .

Comment

despite the price, I think it would be a long wait before I drank something that came out of a cepaks bum (whatever that animal was called)

then again we eat eggs although I dont eat the shells... hmmm :-?

Comment

Man thats feral just looked up where it comes from after reading the above posts. Has anyone on here had a cup of this stuff?

Andrew

Comment

what exactly did you look up?

had to say it

Comment

Working...
                              X