coffee on the road....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coffee on the road....

roasting on a beautiful sunny day outside....

Re: coffee on the road....

and on a cold and rainy day.... in the bathroom!!

cross ventilation from the roof hatch and window keep the smoke at a minimum, chaff gets brushed onto the (fibreglass shower-) floor and is rinsed down the drain with the next shower.... and you learn to live with a roast-scented hand-towel....

Comment

Good on you Lizzi! Hubby thought I was a nut to want to take my machine camping. Wait till he sees this!

So where abouts are you atm.

Sue

Comment

in Perth, WA... intending to hit the road end of this month to slowly wend our way back to Vic, and beginning next year to Tas.

i have discovered that the generator can handle the heat gun and the battery charger at the same time, so i can roast "off-road"as well.

The Rocky is used all the time whether we are on mains or batteries/inverter, but i tend to use the plunger for most of the off-road coffees unless the genset happens to be running at "coffee-time"....
        the Botticelli takes about 10 min to heat @ 1250W and even if i only make 2 or 3 cups per day it will take the edge of the batteries.

camping with coffee?? absolutely!!

Comment

What about a presso lizzie?

I took our presso camping and when only a couple of people wanted coffee it was FANTASTIC!.

Not so great for a crowd though.

Comment

yes, thought about a Presso ...but i really do like the plunger, both for the flavour as well as its 2 or 4 cup capacity. AND,even if the coffee is not super fresh, (when i have been lazy...) you will still get a reasonable cup out of a plunger.

my favourite colombian decaf really comes to life as a plunger, more so than as an espresso....

L

Comment

Lizzi
              When are you heading back east, Goomalling is having a huge RV get together in October and we are only 150km from Perth

LE

Comment

Have you been and checked out Epic, Tiger Tiger, T5, Velvet since youre in Perth?

Comment

Sketchy: ow, what a shame, we would have loved to come to the Goomalling rally but i think ( hope?...) that we will be around Adelaide by then.
                  thanks for the thought and the invite, though!

Bon: yes, we have enjoyed Epic and were part of the CS-christening team at T5... brilliant coffees at both places!
                  TigerTiger and Velvet are still on the agenda.. cross fingers!

Comment

Good stuff, the Perth coffee scene is definitely alive & kicking!

Comment

Working...
                    X