profit margin projections on "espresso" US style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• profit margin projections on "espresso" US style

interesting figures here: http://gourmetcoffeeandkitchen.com/espresso_profit_projections.html

L

Re: profit margin projections on "espresso" US sty

That makes sense. I worked out that including roasting, espresso machine running and milk costs etc, a cup of coffee cost about 40 - 50 cents depending on whatever beans I was using. May even be less.

Comment

Overheads covered do not include wages and invoices that need to be paid

Comment

hmm, i like the "food cost" of the espresso, though, 4 cents... puts in persective what my coffee use should be if my grinding, tamping and pulling skills were "up there"...

LOL... i think i can easily quadruple that amount and more!, still without the milk, power or peripherals...

lousy technique, lot of fun , though

L

Comment

Sorry, but the calculations on that page are complete BS. Whoever did the cost calculations needs to take their brain back for a refund and exchange. Either that or taken to task for fraud.

The page claims a double espresso costs 4 cents.

Do the math.

At the quoted $6.50 per pound price for the coffee and assuming zero waste and only 7g per single shot you would only get 32 doubles from each pound of beans. That means each double shot would cost 20 cents, not 4.

In order to have a cost of 4 cents for a double shot of espresso using coffee that costs $6.50 per pound youd only be able to use 2.8g of coffee.

A much more realistic price per double shot would be 35-40 cents.

Java "Dont trust the ba$tards. Verify!!" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

hmm, yes, i came to that conclusion too, but thought it could be just the American way of coffee making... or using instant... :P

Lizzi "being extremely cheeky"...

Comment

Working...
            X