Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Pucks

Hey

Ive gone from sloppy puck to getting a grinder and now my pucks are dry. Good you say but they are so dry and tight I need a knife or something to get them out. If I bang the whole basket comes out. So is this too dry and how do I fix it.

But my shots are tasting good. I got some Merlo beans yesterday and they are yummo!!!! Oh and a new coffee mug which I am loving

Sue

Re: Dry Pucks

Try banging at an angle. It might just free that stuck puck.

Comment

Gday Sue,
      congratulations on moving into dry puck land.
      Which part of the PF are you hitting when you knock the puck out?
      If its on the handle near the basket, change to hitting the middle of the basket on the bar, you should retain your basket better.
      If that doesnt help, your retention spring in the PF may need tweaking or replacing.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

retention spring??? I took out a spring in the PF a week ago because I found a post that said this help with pressurised pfs on the Saeco :-/ :-/

Im hitting my handle but dont have a knock box am just using the bin atm it has always worked until I entered the dry pucks

Off to pull a shot Ill give a few things a try

Sue

Comment

Thanks heaps

Problem fixed! Tried twice and if I bang the basket it comes out 2nd or 3rd bang! excellento off to enjoy my coffee now

Sue

Comment

Great to hear,
            I bet enjoying a nice cup of coffee is infinitely more pleasurable than fishing a PF basket out of the rubbish bin ;D
            Looks like a knock box is the next acquisition for you then  

Comment

Working...
            X