Tray for grinder... any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tray for grinder... any suggestions?

I suppose this affects doserless as well as doser grinders as well. Ive got a Gaggia MDF which has a doser (albeit a poor excuse for a doser), whether I dose straight into a PF or into a container to take to the office, there will be grounds everywhere on the benchtop. Thats because some will stick onto the chute bit, some at the bottom of the doser when the PF overfills and the mountain of grounds touches the topside of the doser (the MDF doser is too close to the PF fork...). Whatever the reason, there will be ground coffee everywhere. i was thinking of getting a tray where I can sit the grinder on so all the loose grounds will be confined to the tray and not the bench. The tray Im thinking of should have slightly raised sides (like the KFC or food court eat-in trays) but looks better. Any ideas?

Re: Tray for grinder... any suggestions?

Gday NTE,
    a method I used to tidy up my grinder area was to use a piece of clear stiff plastic from a shirt box. I cut out some slots so it would slide out from underneath the grinder for cleaning. It wasnt exactly good looking, but it worked and it wasnt very noticeable on the counter top.

Comment

Gday NTE,

Ive also seen some pretty useful looking flexible cutting boards for sale in Woolies and BigW in a wide range of colours, so that might be another alternative....

Mal.

Comment

I have those flexible cutting boards but they were flat all round. I need something with raised sides.

Comment

Try this

Cost - nil
          Time to manufacture - minimal
          Effectiveness - excellent
          Copyright - none

Go for it

Comment

Its a cut down 2 litre plastic milk container

Comment

You must be a messy bloke NTE .... I was using something similar with my Rocky and it always managed to contain all the extraneous grinds. When cleaning up I just tipped Rocky back a little, pulled the plastic sheet doohickey out from under and emptied/wiped out into the sink and replaced 8-). Anyway, hope you find what youre looking for mate,

Mal.

Comment

If you want a bit of Bling, you could try looking for Bar drip trays.

http://barware.cart.net.au/details/789776.html

Comment

Originally posted by mylesau link=1186637938/0#7 date=1186652715

Good thinking agent 99 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut link=1186637938/0#5 date=1186651227
                    Its a cut down 2 litre plastic milk container
                    This is brilliant! If I had a doserless, I would have done that!

Comment

Originally posted by mylesau link=1186637938/0#7 date=1186652715

this is exactly what Im after! Ill have to pass this through to the BOSS before getting final approval...

Comment

Working...
                      X