African Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African Beans

I gotta get me some more African beans. I am getting low and really enjoy the rich fruity characters in an espresso. Some Yemen ir Yirga would be good as I havent tried these. Still some Ehtiopian, Kenyian or Zambian are always good.

Re: African Beans

Yirg on way... shhhh

Comment

Woo hoo! Still have some money in my bank account Andy

Comment

Whats that you say? Did I hear what I thought I heard? Heart rate and blood pressure have just increased dramatically........ Excitement is building, tension mounts and rides away...... But shhh you say.... So mums the word then.........

Is there a rough estimated eta for this?

Comment

I have a seat at the MotoGP with my name on it so I would expect shortly after that.
          (mid Oct)

Comment

Spoiled mate! Phillip island rocks, I hope you make it back alive. Thanks for the info, I too love a dark african, particuarly a yirgacheffe....... Ray.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Andy, I will be waiting in anticipation as I havent tried a Yirg before. But have been wanting to for some time, due to the amount of CS that rave about it.

What flavours should I expect from this bean? and what sort of roast profile should I be aiming for?

Comment

Look here Goodies...

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1170030497

I dont agree with all the comments, eg. I think its a pretty forgiving bean to roast, and think it far more tasty than tea!...lol

Comment

Dont under roast it, just into rolling second crack, pull immediately cool as quick as possible, youll love it.... You can try it a bit darker if you like, as Dennis said I also consider it to be quite forgiving as well ie. performs well all the way up to the point before its burnt........

Ray.

Comment

Rwandan would be awesome.

Comment

Only if it was as good as the last one... and sadly this lot it is no where near as good.

I even re-roasted some of the previous lot to compare back-to-back (just as a sanity check)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1191073939/0#10 date=1191752902
                        Only if it was as good as the last one... and sadly this lot it is no where near as good.  

I even re-roasted some of the previous lot to compare back-to-back (just as a sanity check)
                        Well I have nothing to compare as I havent had this one before. (Mind you I have to fight all the other CS to get to it this beanbay) But im sure I will still like this batch (if I manage to get some that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1191073939/0#10 date=1191752902

What bean are you referring to here Andy? The Yirg?

thanks,
                          Bill

Comment

No... I was refering to the previous post

"Rwandan would be awesome."

...Only if it was as good as the last one... and sadly this lot it is no where near as good.

[hr]

Make sense?

Comment

oooohhhhhh

Well that makes me more excited about the Yirg.

Comment

Working...
                              X