are you a coffee extremist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you a coffee extremist?

How long did take for you to go from a poxy little sunbeam to your second full commercial machine?

Sullos

Re: are you a coffee extremist?

Originally posted by Sullo link=1191487553/0#0 date=1191487553
    How long did take for you to go from a poxy little sunbeam to your second full commercial machine?

Sullos

Well cant say Ive ever made that journey.....

Never had a Sunbeam (but I guess a Krups counts as "near equivalent").....

And Ill never have a second (concurrent) commercial of my own (my life just wouldnt be worth living :) although I am about to refurbish one for someone else.

Comment

Sullo, in the interests of keeping the peace, I think your should retract that statement about SBs.

While I favour my giotto, my SB is also quite capable of making a nice coffee that is far better than 95% of what is offered in commercial establishments.

2 group heads is one too many; 3 is real overkill :P ;D

Comment

maybe I should clarify, I had a poxy lil sb, it wasnt as good as say  a 6910 I nearly bought :P
        This thread was brought about by a friend who back in april sent me an email to a link for a grinder on an auction site, since then and the machines Ive been thru grinders and now the bean stash, development on things being built in Sullos Lab, he then called me a coffee extremist..
        Its all in fun

Comment

Yes, I know - mine was partly in jest too. I already know how extreme you can be! lol

Comment

Dennis,

I feel like Ive really gone into extremist territory from a Breville Cafe Roma and pre ground Coles special blend to Rancilio Silvia/Rocky and a Pullman. Im in the process of setting up the BM/HG roaster and hope to get the greens today - all in one week

Last week I didnt know you had to clean the group head - I didnt even know what one was :-/ Now its got to be the Pallo and a special towel

Comment

About 2 years.

Comment

About 2 months.

Comment

Its amazing how this coffee business gets one drawn in. I thought my Via Venezia made an ok coffee till I bought Silvia home and relegated Saeco to the storeroom. Then I went into home roasting and read about poppers and green beans, so I thought "my daughter has a popper in the cupboard" so I ordered my starter pack and away I went. The popper has gone to a better place and I now have my Corretto up and running with a few adjustments to be made. Im madly hinting at my family that a barista course at Epic would be a great Xmas present!!!
                  I am even turning out the odd rosetta on top of latte and flat whites.
                  Thank you CSers for helping me on this wonderful journey into Coffee Snobdom..................................
                  cheers
                  Greenman

Comment

Ill have to claim a virtual transition, from zero straight to excess

Comment

Same here.

Straight from cafe to Expobar/Macap.

Comment

Breville 800 and supermarket coffee to faema express 3 group and about 15kgs of green in the pantry in six months.
                        James

Comment

in about 2 weeks Ill have a 2grp Azkoyen and a 3grp La San Marco running
                          Abbeys already pumping out the good stuff in the kitchen already.
                          that and a 110kg bean stash for Gene

Comment

Geez Sullo, youre an animal!

Looks like youre stockpiling weapons of mass consumption. Be careful mate, they might think youre creating biological weapons with that much green.

We had a sharp upward trend with coffee equipment, but have since hit a plateau. Doesnt look like well be getting any new equipment for the home anytime soon, unless something blows up.

Comment

weapons of mass consumption roflmao I like that

be a great name for a cafe/hardware dealer place...
                              might be a good stockpile but Im ploughing thru it trying to come up with my "this is really good $-hit blend", plus learning the genes abilities flowing it thru the abbey

Azkoyen Bravo $850
                              Parts and seals $200
                              Beans $forget
                              Being able to be a wanker and showoff to the bigger wanker across the street who reckons hes got the best machine (cough breville cough) and show him up cos he is a complete muppet PRICELESS

Comment

Working...
                              X