OMG! I just had THE best coffee :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! I just had THE best coffee :)

lol what a title huh. yeah well its true. i just bought a fresh carton of farmhouse milk to go with my freshly ground bag of premium blend nutshack coffee. i ever so gently poured the milk into the jug ending in drop by drop accuracy. i stretch and spin my best microfoam.  i dose the fresh grind justtt right and tap give it a nice few taps on the bench and tamp that baby with the gentlest of guesstimated firmnesses. i lock the handle in and like any other day press the button. it begins to flow that perfect golden brown ribbon with a pearlescent red and i get excited as i near that exacting moment. i pull the cup out and swirl my milk jug as i lift it towards the cup. in goes the milk and one and a quarter teaspoons of sugar. i spin the spoon 6 times one way and 6 times the other before tipping in the last bit of milk. i anticipated something good and lifted it to my lips to take the first bit of froth. i knew instantly it was THE coffee i had been waiting for. the one which topped my last great coffee which was actually in a melbourne cafe. i tell ya im bloody happy. thaat coffee went down in 4 satisfying gulps each followed by that "ahhhhhhh" sound :P

does anyone else have any recent stories of THE ultimate cup?

Re: OMG! I just had THE best coffee

Sounds very inviting apart from sugar polluting the coffee!!............great description of your experience though........................

Comment

i think its just habit for me
      i used to have 3 spoons then 2 and a half then just 2 and now i do 1 and a quarter. if i dont have that bit of sugar it doesnt give me the same kick. this much sugar i can just taste. i find it enhances the coffee flavour just enough without detracting from its fullness. maybe one day i will be sweet enough and not require the sugar.

have you had any outstanding coffee experiences lately?

Comment

Every day my friend... every day.

such is the life of a CoffeeSnob.

Comment

I stopped taking sugar the day I got my machine.

I had a very nice PNG Kimel this afternoon and am looking forward to a Cuban Altura in the morning. Its been getting better each day since I roasted it.

Comment

lol it seems so odd to me that the cheap machine i got with fresh grinds and fresh milk can make something exponentially better than something i would get from a cafe which exists solely on its cups. how can people keep coming back for what essentially is bad coffee? dont they know any better? is that it? is it a curse to have tasted a good cup and realise how good it can be?
            i think some people dont understand the phenomenon of coffee yet drink it to be trendy or are addicted to the caffeine and drink the milky brown water that goes with it. coffee to me is the refreshing beverage and its taste more so than its stimulant properties or wankish preconceptions.

by the way ive just got a job as part of the core opening team of a newly built peninsula restaurant cafe. i cant wait to start and operate the behemoth of a machine there. will be fun to explore all the rare blends they say theyre going to rotate across 2 grinders as well as help setup and maintain the bar. im looking forward to serving up the most superb coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1192699470/0#3 date=1192701885

Matter of fact... Ive got one now!!

Comment

Originally posted by refsta link=1192699470/0#5 date=1192709626
                lol it seems so odd to me that the cheap machine i got with fresh grinds and fresh milk can make something exponentially better than something i would get from a cafe which exists solely on its cups. how can people keep coming back for what essentially is bad coffee? dont they know any better? is that it?
                I think so.

Ive converted a few at wrk to the good stuff.

My team leader made her first ever coffee on the 6900 yesterday with freshly roasted beans.

Shell never buy another cup from the cafe in the foyer again.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy link=1192699470/0#6 date=1192710174
                  Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1192699470/0#3 date=1192701885

Matter of fact... Ive got one now!!

I love it.....
                  Bullitt

Comment

My family couldnt comprehend why I traded in my Via Venezia for a Silvia, until they tasted the difference in the coffees I served them, the Saeco is gathering dust in the corner now!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just finished my ideal cup, and since I work from 10am to 10pm today I wont get another one until tomorrow.

The coffee they use at work just doesnt cut it....

Comment

Im just about to make one Viviane, I will think of you while I sip on the golden nectar and savour the flavour!!!!!!!!!!!...........................

Comment

Wait until you start roasting your own and get yourself a good quality grinder... youll think youve died and gone to heaven.

Comment

I undoubtedly had the best shot I have ever had from my Silvia in ten months yesterday afternoon, and man was it deserved! Having been in hospital with Mim and #2 for approaching 48 hours, I had the choice of Blend 43 or Douwe Egberts instant (choose your poison). Actually in all honesty neither were too bad with a bit of sugar so long as I thought about it as a different drink, which is how I view all instant coffee. But I digress.

Silvia was probably on for only about 30 minutes warming up. The coffee was Yahava Organic which I guess would have been about two weeks post roast and not particularly well sealed since the bag was not resealable and had been opened for at least a week and sealed with a rubber band. Mazzer Mini was left on the same setting Id used for this blend three days earlier. So with these raw materials I must say I wasnt expecting any miracle shots. I was using the Synesso double ridgeless basket. Used my standard technique, tamped with a fitted Deluxe tamper, locked and loaded and hit the switch. Out came the nectar, rich and hazelnut brown, and I watched for blonding which typically came around the 15 second mark. But it just kept going, and going, and going; my eyes were getting wider and wider concentrating for a blond streak to appear, and by the time it finally started to lighten and streak I would have had a good 60-70ml of espresso in the bottom of a 180ml cappuccino cup. It was the most delicious reward for enduring hospital coffee! 8-)

Interesting that such a result could have come in such unideal circumstances...

Comment

The thing I love about coffee is that it has not gotten old at all (in the 2years ive been into coffee)...

Every bag of beans.... I smell and think "Mmmm amazing"
                              Every coffee I drink.... I taste and think "Mmmm YESSSSSS"
                              Every time I walk into a coffee shop.... "Mmmm Coffee"

I think we get so carried away on all the finer points and making everything perfect, when infact, even a crappy little plunger coffee made with frozen ground crap is actually awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X