Does espresso affect bad cholesterol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does espresso affect bad cholesterol?

Just a question of interest to me, does coffee drinking affect the levels of bad cholesterol in ones body?
    I checked out a few web sites and most say it doesnt and my doctor agrees, has anyone had any experience with this subject?..................
    cheers
    Greenman :-/

Re: Does espresso affect bad cholesterol?

Greenman, I believe (from what Ive read, mind you) the compounds in coffee (meaning straight espresso) can be diuretic, & quickening metabolically.

From this, to answer your question as a reader of unrelated threads, & not being your GP mind you, cholestorol concentration probably lies purely in the fat content of the milk you add, post-espresso ...

Cheers,
    Tony (go organic & go low-fat skim!)

Comment

That is the type of reply I want to hear, it would be a nightmare if I had to cut back on my java fix (s) each day!!!

Comment

Coffee has in the past been written up as being bad for people with high cholesterol or as raising cholesterol levels.

But is has also been written up at various times as being bad for a number of things, and then found later that was not to be the case (as in with cholesterol).

The things that get written up about what coffee does and doesnt do, are cyclic, one minute its bad, the next its good.

Id go with what your doctor says.

Comment

Working...
        X