Anyone Else a Beanbay addict?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Else a Beanbay addict?

Ok so I am pretty new to roasting and thus far have bought three times from beanbay. Problem is that I currently have about 17kg of green beans and I just know that come the next beanbay I will have to buy more. Anyone else find that the need to buy more greens far outweighs what you actually do need?

I might need to get a net nanny type program and set it to block coffeesnobs around the beenbay times

Re: Anyone Else a Beanbay addict?

yep, it is a common affliction! i find myself justifying more greens because of just about any reason!! :-[

i must admit though, that i am experimenting a bit at the moment with the Gene, and find the roasts from that a bit hareder to manage than the Corretto, so, i go through quite a few "test-batches"... see??? another excuse!! ;D ;D

L

Comment

Yes this happens to me at least once a month ;D

Comment

Learn to live with it (there are plenty of worse addictions), and come up with some reasons for buying new beans while there are so many already around the house:

"But theyre so cheap!" Doesnt matter that you already have a 10 year supply.

"Im desperate to try these ones!" Even though you first heard of them when Andy sent the beanbay announcement yesterday.

"Im almost out of base beans!" African base beans that is, you have truckloads of South American and Asian base beans.

Im sure you get my drift. These arent necessarily excuses for the other half - I dont have one of those, I use these excuses on myself mostly.

Comment

oww, Viv, you have got it bad... using excuses on yourself...LOL

but yes, i can relate to all of them, and then some more!!

- i need to stock up before we ge out of reach of BeanBay deliveries

- i am planning to give a lot away over Christmas

- Andy says theyre good

- i need some  different ones to temper the brightness of these beans that i bought cause Andy said they were good, but which i dont like

- o dear, ran out of Brazils....

;D ;D ;D

L

Comment

- any excuse to spend money....

Comment

Notice that its only the females here owning up to their justifications? Why is that?

Comment

We blokes are too busy making excuses to our other halves to make em to ourselves!

Comment

OK, Ill fess up...but only because Im in touch with my feminine side

Comment

Ive had to go from bean bags to bean bins. . .

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyd link=1194992257/0#0 date=1194992257
                      Ok so I am pretty new to roasting and thus far have bought three times from beanbay. Problem is that I currently have about 17kg of green beans and I just know that come the next beanbay I will have to buy more. Anyone else find that the need to buy more greens far outweighs what you actually do need?

I might need to get a net nanny type program and set it to block coffeesnobs around the beenbay times  
                      Man.. if you regard 17kg as an addiction, then I think plenty of us are in the dealer category.

And well need a whole new definition for Andy!

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy link=1194992257/0#10 date=1195102369
                        Man.. if you regard 17kg as an addiction, then I think plenty of us are in the dealer category.

And well need a whole new definition for Andy!
                        I thought Andy was our dealer? :P

Comment

Does 120kgs count as addicted?

Comment

My wife quized me as to why I am always sweating on beanbay to get more green beans.
                            I used a number of the justifications stated above plus the fact that since Ive started turning out decent coffee everyone wants one of my creations now and the amount of beans being consumed has risen markedly. My new Synesso 20g basket is also to blame!!!
                            Whats the date for the next beanbay again????!!!!!!!!!!!!........................

Comment

And with the price of green beans (compared to brown, and particularly compared to buying cafe coffee) the more you spend, the more you save.

Right?

Right?

:

Comment

Working...
                              X