Ipanema Dulce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipanema Dulce

I have been thinking which were the best beans I have used this year. I still have a little Red Sea Blend which I keep for special occasions as it was a little expensive for every day. The inexpensive bean that gave me great cups roast after roast until the bag was empty was Ipanema Dulce. I cant remember where I got it but if it came round I might have to order 10kg.

Chris

Re: Ipanema Dulce

I didnt like the samples of the Ipanema at all so it didnt come from here (unless you picked them out of the compost bin)!

The last Brazil Yellow Bourbon was very good as was the sun dried Monte Carmelo earlier in the year (although 2 very different coffees)

The Ipanema Dulce is often available,  its a fairly commercial blend and grading is fairly low (small uneven bean sizes) but seeing you have given it your "top value bean" rating I might have to revisit it one day.

PS: if you like the Red Sea, dont play with Brazil... instead look towards some of the Africans and blend your own.

Comment

I too loved the yellow bourbon as well as the indian tiger mountain, so is there a chance of either of these being in the next beenbay?

Ray.

Comment

No... and nearly yes.

Stop fishing Ray

Comment

I guess patience is not my strong point, but I do have some good qualities.

Ray.....

Comment

Now I have that song in my head...

Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking
            And when she passes, each one she passes goes - ah
            When she walks, shes like a samba that swings so cool and sways so
            gently
            That when she passes, each one she passes goes - aah.......

Comment

Youve got me humming it now...........................

Comment

he he he he he

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1195335144/0#3 date=1195379012
                  No... and nearly yes.

Stop fishing Ray
                  ;D

Nicely, & succinctly put mate!

Ray, patience ... recall:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1179443601/0

Comment

Im not sure Im familiar with that song, the lyrics dont ring a bell, can you tell me who wrote it or sung it or how the music goes, better still can you sing it on you tube and post the link for us.....

Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray C link=1195335144/0#9 date=1195423000
                      Im not sure Im familiar with that song, the lyrics dont ring a bell, can you tell me who wrote it or sung it or how the music goes, better still can you sing it on you tube and post the link for us.....

Ray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRe5v8P2xu4

Comment

Working...
                      X