Coffee Christmas Presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Christmas Presents

Do you give coffee related presents to family and friends for christmas, do you do up interesting or unsual packs for them. If so We would love you to share with us your ideas. We are thinking of doing up some christmas baskets for friends and family this year with the home made feel to it with Coffee Beans, Home made Chai Tea, Home Made Shortbread, Home Made Fruit Mince Pies etc.

Re: Coffee Christmas Presents

This will be our first foray into giving coffee related presents to colleagues, staff, etc. (about 70 people).

I bought a big box full (500) of 100gm bags and will fill them with ground coffee (yes, I know) suitable for filter to match with a vietnamese coffee pot (bought 300 of those), a tube of condensed milk to go with the coffee, and of course home-made shortbreads.

Should be fun!

Comment

Come on guys , loosen up the purse strings. Its Christmas.

Two occasions in the year when people deserve and expect good presents: Christmas and birthdays.

With respect, I think the home-made food as gifts just doesnt cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by robusto link=1195337897/0#2 date=1195343816
        With respect, I think the home-made food  as gifts just doesnt cut it.
        On our just-married, part-time work/uni-students budget a couple of years ago I made some hampers with a few bottles of red, teas, plus homemade lavender shortbread, gingerbread, rocky road, white Christmas, and truffles. I dont think our families minded. :-/

Comment

Yea, I am not sure about the home cooking bit, but last year did give (my) roasted Mountain Top beans in the one way black bags with a fancy (home made) label to my partners corporate bosses, they loved them.

Created lots of conversations and they used them over Christmas.

Comment

robusto you could be like me and craftily challenged.
            My wife however is gifted in that way and has been making up baskets for years.
            Ive been telling her she should do it as a business.

Admittedly she doesnt usually put in home made foodstuffs but the presentation is very professional.

The exception is Easter when eggs and biscuits are de rigueur.

One of my colleagues at work is contemplating a coffee related gift for his mother this Christmas.
            With my help of course.
            He was thinking of a plunger, a grinder and a variety of home roasted coffee samples courtesy of moi.
            Im now on the lookout for suitably small containers for the roasted beans.

So whats a good present????????????

Comment

Originally posted by robusto link=1195337897/0#2 date=1195343816
              Come on guys , loosen up the purse strings. Its Christmas.

Two occasions in the year when people deserve and expect good presents: Christmas and birthdays.

Sorry, I have to disagree. If somebody went to the effort of making all those wonderful things for me, I would love it.

To have shortbread or mince pies made with real butter, real good quality ingredients nice and fresh instead of something that is full of additives, vegetable gums (which I am highly sensitive to) and preservatives that were made 6 - 8 months ago is wonderful.

Not to mention the time and effort it takes to make these things.

Its easy to go and spend ten or twenty dollars in a shop, but to make something from scratch with better quality ingredients shows how much you care for someone.

My friends love it when I give them a basket full of home made goodies every year.

Comment

Sheeze Robusto, if that was bait then Ill bite the hook!

The best presents I have ever been given have been consumable items.  Home made shortbread, chilli-sauce, wine, strawberry jam, fruit cake, whacky-coffee-items (coffee soap, candles, lollies etc),  even hampers of pre-packaged "interesting" food items from around the world that you would not normally find in the supermarket (which has included things that I never want to try again but that is half the fun).

Im a bugger to buy things for because I have a bad habit of buying what I want/need when I want/need it.  

Give me home made or unusual consumables in front of dust collecting trinkets and pictures that Im "expected" to display anyday!

edit: (snap Lucinda, I do need to type faster)
                8-)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1195337897/0#7 date=1195351177

Im a bugger to buy things for because I have a bad habit of buying what I want/need when I want/need it.

Give me home made or unusual consumables in front of dust collecting trinkets and pictures that Im "expected" to display anyday!

Indeed.... agree 100% - I dont wait for a "special day" if I need something.... and hope someone will buy it for me - and get the right one as well!!!!

I love to receive things which have shown some thought and effort..... rather than just something purchased because of commercial hype...

And if it can be consumed - even better!!

Comment

In the non-edible catagory of coffee-related presents.....

Collection of blind/double/single baskets
                    tamper
                    digital scales
                    steaming jugs
                    cup sets
                    thermometer
                    digital multimeter with thermocouple

Of course, most coffee aficionados would have most of these things... but not all of them do.

Comment

whats cheap about buying 300 coffee pots?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyb link=1195337897/0#10 date=1195362939
                        whats cheap about buying 300 coffee pots?
                        I love it!!! That really sums it up, well done.

Incidentally, did you about the guy who bought his mother in law a chair for Christmas, but...she would never plug it in.

Comment

Hmm Robusto, 70 baskets, steaming jugs, tampers,etc. wont mean much if they dont have a machine in the first place

Digital scales... good idea - everyone wants a set of those so they can carefully measure out the ingredients for shortbreads to give as gifts

Cups? Cups? Did you really say CUPS???? ;D

Comment

Breathe Dennis...breathe.........

Comment

Did someone say cups?

Is Dennis asking for more orders for cups for next year?

Comment

Working...
                              X