Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good coffee in the Inner West of Sydney

Hi everyone,

After some advice. Were moving up to the big smoke next year and will be living in Strathfield. Just wondering if anyone knew any places in the vicinity that do good roast beans (caff and decaf).

Cheers

Re: Good coffee in the Inner West of Sydney

Im not great with nearness in Sydney but is Marrickville close enough? Coffee Alchemy would have to be very highly recommended.

Otherwise, theres always mail order from any of the site sponsors, including Andys Brown Bay.

Comment

There are a lot of places, but I dont know Strathfield, Im in Marrickville. If you dont want to do mail order, in order of my preference: Single Origin in Reservoir St in Surrey Hills is good (exceptionally nice people, interesting coffee), Campos in Newtown has good beans (Im not so keen on the coffee they make and in my experience they are rather precise about what time they close), Tobys Estate is only a little further on in City Road and has interesting beans. There are numbers of other roasters around but these are the ones I deal with.

Comment

If you have a car, Marrickville or Haberfield (forgotten the name of the place, but okay beans) are fine!

Cordial sells Golden Cobra beans, Campos sell campos beans (Newtown) and chippendale has tobys estate. Di Bartoli sell a number of SOs and blended coffee roasted by Hazel (hazchem)

Comment

Originally posted by Identity link=1197860621/0#3 date=1197941069
          If you have a car, Marrickville or Haberfield (forgotten the name of the place, but okay beans) are fine!

Cordial sells Golden Cobra beans, Campos sell campos beans (Newtown) and chippendale has tobys estate. Di Bartoli sell a number of SOs and blended coffee roasted by Hazel (hazchem)
          I may have misunderstood what you are saying here but are you suggesting that the user Hazchem is the roaster Hazel? Because the user Hazchem is Aaron who was at the cafe crawl on Saturday, for breakfast at least. But you are right in saying that Hazel from Coffee Alchemy is the roaster for Di Bartoli.

Maybe I just confused the issue and misunderstood what you were getting at and made mountains out of a molehill? Or maybe I am correct in my assumption and you need another coffee?  

Either way you wont go wrong if you get coffee from Di Bartoli  

Comment

I think Identity is having an identity crises too.

Aaron (hazchem) is about 7 feet tall and Hazel is about 3 foot 6.

You can easily tell them apart.

Comment

Inner west of sydney, depends how far you are wiiling to go

Tobys Estate - Cathedral St, Wooloomooloo (www.tobysestate.com.au)

San Churro (crazy spanish chocolate cafe) - Glebe Point Rd, Glebe

Gosh Coffee - Fox Studios, Bent St (Off Lang Rd) Moore Park (this is where I work and if you are desperate I can scratch your itch hahaha, bear in mind the blend we use is average...very average, but Ive managed to make a reasonable beverage with it, nothing exceptional but! haha)

Gustos - Bondi (dont know the street)

There is dozens of cafes around taht area, mainly in a little closer to the city on side streets off parramatta road, especially near Sydney Uni!

Comment

If you are going to Bondi, you might as well make it Bondi Junction and go to Di Bartoli.

Actually, the best coffee to be had close to Strathfield is at my place.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1197860621/0#7 date=1197971352
                  If you are going to Bondi, you might as well make it Bondi Junction and go to Di Bartoli.

Actually, the best coffee to be had close to Strathfield is at my place.
                  Then again if you come to mine it will be worth the trip! ;D

Comment

Well thanks for all the advice. Im in Perth currently, in the process of migrating from Canberra to Sydney (long story) so to be honest most of the names mean nothing to me. Stiill with GPS in hand I will go searching when I get to Sydney.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1197860621/0#5 date=1197961150
                      and Hazel is about 3 foot 6.

You can easily tell them apart.
                      > 5 feet...on good days!

Comment

[ch9556][ch9559][ch9556][ch9552][ch9574][ch9559]
                        [ch9553][ch9562][ch9571][ch9553][ch9553][ch9562][ch9559]
                        [ch9562][ch9552][ch9577][ch9552][ch9577][ch9552][ch9565]

Hello gorgeous; I hope youre well.

Comment

I *thought* thatd get her out of the woodwork......but i should stop being naughty like that

Comment

Be careful what you say about her.
                            She lurks and reads, just doesnt post often (as proven above).

Comment

The same applies to my wife......and Id thought I was safe!

Comment

Working...
                              X