Sydney cafes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney cafes

Can anyone recommend cafes in the Sydney as I am in town for a few weeks. I am staying in Pitt Street in the city but will travel for a good cup.

thx in advance

Re: Sydney cafes

Originally posted by kingswood link=1204928949/0#0 date=1204928949
    Can anyone recommend cafes in the Sydney as I am in town for a few weeks.  I am staying in Pitt Street in the city but will travel for a good cup.

thx in advance
    Hi Kingswood,

15 seconds and the search button gave me this: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1196044303/0 ....Im sure it will provide you with plenty of options and the opportunity to find a great cup..

Enjoy

Chris

Comment

thanks Chris this is great! Breakfast is now on.

Comment

Best Sydney Coffee for visiting CSer

I will be in Syndey with family for easter, usually go to Doppios on Pitt St for regular fixes when away from home (NZ), where do you guys recommend?

Thanks,

CB & Family. [smiley=undecided.gif]

Comment

Re: Best Sydney Coffee for visiting CSer

CB,

Well, while youre on Pitt, head down toward King st end and hit up Mecca, or if you want to go for a walk down to Circular Quay, you can hit up the new(ish) Mecca outlet and get your coffee made by Scottie Callaghan.
          Also, head to Bondi Junction and see Renzo & Ofra at Di Bartolis - definitely worth the trip out there... Im sure others wil add to this list.

YeeZa

Comment

Wow. It has barely been a week since the last question!

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1204928949

Both of the Meccas are pretty awesome. Last I heard, Scottie was only at the New Mecca before midday, so go in the morning! Mecca I gets crazy busy just before 9 and from 1 to 2, so thats not a good time to visit if you want to talk to them, but food and coffee are still superb.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1204928949/0#5 date=1205448208
              Wow. It has barely been a week since the last question!

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1204928949

Both of the Meccas are pretty awesome. Last I heard, Scottie was only at the New Mecca before midday, so go in the morning! Mecca I gets crazy busy just before 9 and from 1 to 2, so thats not a good time to visit if you want to talk to them, but food and coffee are still superb.

Cheers,

Luca
              What days is he there?

Comment

Where is the new Mecca at the Quay?

Thnx.

Comment

Actually Scottie left Mecca about a month ago to concentrate on other aspects of his work. Mecca 2 has a pretty new team of King Sam, James and Myself!

Mecca 2 sits on the corner of George and Alfred Streets in Circular Quay - just walk down George Street towards the Quay and we live next door to Jacksons on George.

Comment

Thats great thanks !

Comment

Also check out Campos, Cordial, 2KF, Single Origin... maybe Tobys Estate & Danes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Indraunt link=1204928949/0#8 date=1205479980
                        Actually Scottie left Mecca about a month ago to concentrate on other aspects of his work. Mecca 2 has a pretty new team of King Sam, James and Myself!

Mecca 2 sits on the corner of George and Alfred Streets in Circular Quay - just walk down George Street towards the Quay and we live next door to Jacksons on George.
                        No kidding. I go by Jacksons every couple weeks. Ive never seen Mecca 2.

Comment

yeah its hard to find if youre not looking for it

Comment

Originally posted by recurve boy link=1204928949/0#11 date=1205553685
                            No kidding. I go by Jacksons every couple weeks. Ive never seen Mecca 2.
                            Yeah, its kinda hidden in the atrium of the building next door...

Comment

Working...
                            X