Cappuccino Cups for Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cappuccino Cups for Competition

I was just wondering if any body knows of any cups suitable for a barista comp(150-180ml).  I can find a few cups in this size range however most are not elegant enough.  As most in this size look like the typical catering stackable style.

Any ideas?

Re: Cappuccino Cups for Competition

ACF cups would be a good choice, nice shape, thick to keep contents hot, the chocolate coloured ones look great too!!

Comment

thanks for that mate, I have seen these cups around, and in comps. and never knew the brand. do you know where in oz i can buy them? i did find a site in nz. but i would rather buy in oz.

Comment

How about Nuova Point genuine Italian made cups. Beautifully made and look gorgeous to boot.... Dennis of CuppaCoffee, one of our newest and esteemed site sponsor, actually imported some of these a while ago so if you contact Dennis Im sure he will be able to suggest a location where you might be able to pick some up.

All the best ,
        Mal.

Comment

Heres a few brands:

ACF
          Nuova Point
          Terra Keramik (expensive, like $70 per cup and saucer!!!!)

Youre planning to compete out of ACT? Lots of competitors this year for ACT.

Comment

The NPs are available at Chefs Warehouse, Surry Hills.

Venezianos usually stock the ACFs.

The Terras that David mentioned are outstanding (hence the pricepoint) but dont know where you might get them.

Comment

thanks everyone for this. hope i can find and get some before the comp.

and for Wushoes, yes I am competing in ACT, its only my first year in comps, so Im not really sure of what to expect (results and competition wise). do you know of any particular strong competition in ACT?

Comment

forgot to add. has any one bought anything, such as the acf cups, from caffe laffare (a NZ site)?

Comment

I got mine from Pomeroys in Nelson. They were excellent to deal with. Somebody here has dealt with Cafelaffare and they were also very good to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by falling_short link=1205395267/0#6 date=1205408109
                    thanks everyone for this. hope i can find and get some before the comp.

and for Wushoes, yes I am competing in ACT, its only my first year in comps, so Im not really sure of what to expect (results and competition wise). do you know of any particular strong competition in ACT?
                    Not too sure there. There is one guy from ACT who has been training with Veneziano in Melbourne for the last month.

Comment

I think I know who your talking about, Canberra is rather small so I know pretty well all the good baristas around here. I could imagine that is a barista that works near to me, as his cafe uses a Veneziano blend. If Im correct, he won the ACT comp last year.

Im hoping that my few hours with Scottie Callaghan can prove to be an advantage.

Comment

The barista who won ACT last year I think does use a Veneziano coffee blend...but its not Audrey. Good luck with training.

Comment

You can get nuovo point cups from Chefs Warehouse in Surry Hills Sydney. I bought 6 for $38 brown or white tulip shape.

Alternatively one of the site sponsors Veneziano/First Pour used to have the ACF cups for sale online check their website. The ACF ones are a bit more expensive than the nuovo point ones.

Comment

Sorry ! I didnt see Dennis almost identical post above ! I think I need a coffee !

Comment

Thanks bennett. I just found out that Veneziano does sell tulip acf cups, you just need to email them. They are going to cost me 68.50 for 6 incl gst + delivery.

Comment

Working...
                              X