Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coffee cart set up

Dear all,

i have just started up a coffee cart. It is currently at my coffee company getting a machine put on it. Unfortunately, i know nothing about electrics and power supplies and have been told i can only have a 2 group machine derated to 20 amps on it. This looks like it really limits me to access of power on casual locations. Having it down to 15 or 10 is not an option as i also have a hot water service, fridge, cd player, lights and obviously grinder all on the one circuit on the cart.
    Does anyone have any suggestions to gaining the necessary power from general locatios that arent wired to 20 amps? 2 power sources maybe? Generator? Can i run off 2 x10 amp leads?

regards
    Shane

Re: coffee cart set up

Diesel generator. Lots of carts run off these...theyre great...but not cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes - David S link=1205401723/0#1 date=1205403200
      bollocks David! ... theyre noisy, smoky if not vented strategically, & better quality gen-sets are out there.

Shane, have a Honda EM70 on board - 6.5kva output, with continual running requirements of 5.5-6.0kva will be adequate for powering what youve outlined in your op (with your espresso machine running on a max of 3 elements that is ) ...

Oh and, er, fresh beans ground on demand mate

cheers,
      Tony

Comment

Thanks guys,
        The gaggia is running off 20 amps but can be turned down to 15. Love the site and will always grind on demand! Does anyone else ever talk about inconsistent dumps from grinders?

Comment

Originally posted by GrindOnDemand link=1205401723/0#2 date=1205410088
          Originally posted by Wushoes - David S link=1205401723/0#1 date=1205403200
          bollocks David! ... theyre noisy, smoky if not vented strategically, & better quality gen-sets are out there.

Shane, have a Honda EM70 on board - 6.5kva output, with continual running requirements of 5.5-6.0kva will be adequate for powering what youve outlined in your op (with your espresso machine running on a max of 3 elements that is ) ...

Oh and, er, fresh beans ground on demand mate

cheers,
          Tony
          I absolutely agree with you....most of the guys I know need to run multiple fridges, machine, multiple grinders and more. These guys have trailers set up for gigs with the gen outside.

Comment

i just checked out the honda em70. It only outputs 10 amps. any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by shanes espresso link=1205401723/0#5 date=1205641238
              i just checked out the honda em70. It only outputs 10 amps. any other suggestions?
              Lots to choose from mate.... If you are just talking about Honda units though (and they are pretty darn good), something like this one is probably where you need to start looking. The EM70 that Tony was referring to is rated at 6.5KVA and will easily supply a 20+ Amps load. Think you must have been looking at something else.....

Cheers,
              Mal.

Comment

Hey thanks mal,

I was on another website that rated that model as 10 amps. This will defintely help me get my cart underway. After being a barista for 17 years, its nice to finally earn money off my skill for myself and not someone else. It is also nice to find a place where i can share my passion for my career. CS rocks!

Shane

Comment

Working...
                X