Bali Shinzan or other Balinese coffees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bali Shinzan or other Balinese coffees

I know there was a small amount of Bali Gunung Batur in the last BeanBay, but..

Over the last few years, CS have offered up 4 or 5 different Balinese coffees.
    They have all been great in my opinion, but the huge standout for me was

Bali Shinzan God Mountain.

I seem to recall a conversation with Andy some time ago where he mentioned that we (Australia) just dont see it any more as it all gets snapped up by a single market (possibly Japan), but if it ever DOES come up again, Id like to vote for it.

Failing that, any of the other Bali coffees that pass Andys cupping test would be great.

Brett.

Re: Bali Shinzan or other Balinese coffees

When I saw the Bali Ganung on beanbay night I managed to snare 2.5kg before they were gone. I have been wanting to try Balinese beans after hearing so many good reports on them so I am waiting in antipation at picking them up next Friday at Epic and racing them home and into Correttoo!!!!

Comment

I can still get the God Mountain but its prob still the one that you remember!

2004 and 2005 crops of the God Mountain are still in stock with one of the brokers so I dont think it was a big seller for them in Australia even though I agree with you, it was good. They are well packed but even so, must be getting close to "vintage".

I have tried a couple of different Bali Gunung Baturs and one Bali Shinzan in the last 8 weeks but they didnt "grab me". I think the bulk of the beans are still going into Japan under forward contracts.

As always, Ill keep my eyes open though.

Comment

Cheers mate.

As a currently unemployed bum, I have too much time on my hands ;-)

Yes, 2004 and 2005 offerings are getting a little old. Considering some of my purchases dont get into the roasting rotation for up to 1 year, it could present a problem. We will take it off their hands for $5/kg though (hear the laughter boys and girls?)

Brett.

Comment

Working...
        X