Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $100 a shot Coffee

You know whats coming dont ya? :

"Made by the Italian company De Longhi, Caffé Raro combines Jamaican Blue Mountain and Kupi Luwak, two extremely rare coffees."

"The coffee, which went on sale yesterday, is either available at $100 for a shot at the Peter Jones Espresso Bar, or shoppers can buy 100g packs of the coffee beans to take away for the same price."

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/04/10/coffee.dung/index.html

Java "I wonder what itd taste like as CP?!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Re: $100 a shot Coffee

Thats an interesting article...
    The movie is interesting - the store rep Mario Zacharia is standing there swaying about as hes talking, like hes perhaps had too many coffees  

Id happily find the dude that wants to pay £200 to charity for someone else to drink it... So hell buy me two cups of it will he? What a nice chap!

Comment

How do I get a shot over here?
      $100 for charity, and to have some extremely rare coffee,
      I would be up for it.

Comment

Is it just me or are all the shots of them brewing the coffee way under extracted. It looks incredibly blonde (even on camera which always makes coffee look lighter than it actually is). For $100 a shot I would expect that they would at least have some staff who can actually show off the blend. Then again this is England and from what Ive heard damn near impossible to find a decent espresso.

Comment

Still trying to get over the idea of brewing something that an animal has defecated.

Comment

certainly gives new meaning to the comment "ohhh thats a s**t coffee!" ;D

Comment

HMMM let me see, beans fall off tree, eaten by animal, passes through small intestine , passes through large intestine, passes through anus, out through anal cavity...No thanks.

Comment

My friend recently brought back some coffee from Bali called Kopi Luwak which has been swallowed and excreted by a mamal called a Luwak...I have attached 2 photox from the bag it came in including description. I am guessing this is the same Indonesian cat" they are referring to.

Comment

heres the photo of the Coffee shitting mamal

Comment

anyone try this coffee? we can get it up in townsville.. but at $50 a cup... i dont know if I want to spend that much money...

I dont think my palate is developed enough to appreciate the extra $45 for a coffee...

i have the same reasoning for wine... a $35 bottle of wine to me will probably taste the same for me as a $900 wine i saw at ARIA restaurant...

Comment

I subscribe to the same theory.

I gave my wife a $900 bottle of wine Im hoping shell open for our 30th anniversary next month.
                      Ill let you know.

Comment

I had a cup one day in the Merlo Factroy in Brisbane. They were trying it out the front and offerred me one. Is was good, but not $50 a cup good. I think they said they paid $300 or higher per kg for it. Is was a year or so ago though.

Comment

Ive had some once as both espresso and a pour-over - and frankly - it tasted like what it was.

I think if you want to spend bucket loads of cash on coffee, youre better off spending it on genuinely great coffee such as Esmerelda Geisha, or a nice Beloya or Aricha, rather than a coffee that really is just relying on a marketing gimmick to convince people of its quality.

Comment

so is this the guy that came up with it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47i9PoCGiM

I wonder if thats the luwak/jbm blend in the bowl .... 15 Bar PROFESSIONAL Pressure!

hasbean in the UK posted this link elsewhere, thanks for the giggle!

Comment

You too can make colored water at home with our 15 bar professional pressure POS machines!

Java "*gag*" phile
                              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X