Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney coffee haunts

Hi,

Ill be in Sydney on the 17th to the 21st of June. Looking at visiting a few top notch espresso bars.

If there is a similar thread, please point me in the right direction.

DS

Re: Sydney coffee haunts

I tried to find the last cafe crawl thread for Sydney but got bored with waiting for the search to finish ... What part of the city are you staying in Wushoes? Heres a quick list -

Cordial - Newtown
    Campos - Newtown
    Tobys Estate - Chippendale
    Mecca - CBD
    Mecca II - Circular Quay
    Single Origin - Surry Hills
    Oven - Cremorne
    Wine of The Bean - Thornleigh
    Grind - Cronulla

If i think of any others ill add to the list.

Comment

Im not staying in the city. But I will have a car. Im staying in Brookvale near Manly.

Comment

One to add to that list, especially if youre going Cremorne way - Is THE SOURCE in Mosman. Its one of my favs. They use St Alis (one of the only ones north of the border), have a 3 gp Sabre, and are super passionate about their coffee. Great atmosphere surrounded by LM posters etc.

Comment

brookie, then you definitely have to goto The Source. Its the closest one of those on the list. Its on Raglan rd, Mosman.

Comment

Egad, I made the list?

Thanks for the props Aaron.

Comment

Oh, and Di Bartolis Bondi Junction

Comment

If you are in the city try Velluto Nero Shop 3/259 Clarence St (southern end, next to a bridal shop)

www.vellutonero.com.au

They had a write-up on the Sydney Morning Herald recently where they were praised for their espresso and cappuccino. They roast their beans in-store and have had gold medal(s) for their blend at the Easter Show.

Best coffee Ive had in the CBD (not saying Ive tried most) but you wont be disappointed!

Steve

Comment

If you get a spare day, a cross-city trip to the sunny sutherland shire is well worth it.

Firstly, theres Kafenio for a shot of DiLorenzo coffee. I find it a bit on the bitter side, but its not bad. Food is pretty good.

But secondly, GRIND. So good. Its at the other end of the mall to kafenio, just up from South Cronulla beach. They run a different single origin every day. It basically rocks.

Comment

And just round the corner from Grind is Buzz Cafe, opposite the beach - they only do one blend, but IMHO make a better espresso than the previous two mentioned.

Comment

Hi DS

you should try home expresso at 107 Mount St in North Sydney which is on the same side of the harbour as Brookvale.

I have been to some of the others mentioned above and to my mind this cafe is making coffee to blow your mind. It really is one to watch.

Have a look at this link.

http://cafedave.net/cafedave/archives/category/cafes

F.

Comment

I just spent 3 days at Camperdown, Wife was at RPA for tests.
                        I looked at getting a shot at Campos but decided the wait was probably not worth it this time, It seemed like every man and his dog were there, back in mid july so ill try then. We ended up at Deus Cafe on Parramatta rd. Coffee was Di Lorenzo. I found it Excellent.
                        Only open 8-3, Nice Food as well. Probably spent $100.00 {$50 on Coffee}there in the three days They also sell Motorcycles next door [older style pimped out}
                        http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=Deus+Cafe&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Comment

Should have gone around the corner on Carillon st to Cordial and had a good brekkie as well! The line at Campos is foolish - theres a reason for that though

Hope everything went well with your wife TEPIN.

Comment

Ill be back next month so ill try Carillon and Campos. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TEPIN link=1211788143/0#13 date=1212890126
                              Ill be back next month so ill try Carillon and Campos. Thanks
                              You mean Cordial, on Carillon St

Comment

Working...
                              X