You call that coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You call that coffee?

A couple of weeks ago I dropped-in on my sister at her work and we went across the road for a cuppa because she told me that her office coffee was pretty lousy.

We both knew this place was going to be "fair" at best but it was quick visit and well, just how bad could it be from a 2 group machine and ground on demand?

I wont name and shame the coffee or the venue but this was what we got as a Cap and double short black (note the crema).

:-[

If only more of the planet were CoffeeSnobs!

Feel free to post pictures of coffees that you regret in this thread.

Re: You call that coffee?

My old man Ordered a coffee in Cambodia it was jet back and had an inch and a half of condensed milk at the bottom..

Will find a pic and post it..

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1219585124/0#0 date=1219585121
      A couple of weeks ago I dropped-in on my sister at her work and we went across the road for a cuppa because she told me that her office coffee was pretty lousy.

We both knew this place was going to be "fair" at best but it was quick visit and well, just how bad could it be from a 2 group machine and ground on demand?

I wont name and shame the coffee or the venue but this was what we got as a Cap and double short black (note the crema).

:-[

If only more of the planet were CoffeeSnobs!

Feel free to post pictures of coffees that you regret in this thread.
      Yip, when you see foamy milk like that its a bad sign indeed. I attach a picture of a cap that I ordered in Paris. It looks artistic but sadly the taste was not memorable.

The worst coffee ever, was one I had in an un-named country (not Australia). Ironically, it served up in a a cafe which was called the Why Not Cafe and boy after tasting that undrinkable coffee.....there were plenty of reasons I could come up with why not to come back!

N.B.

Hiya newbie...... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

That image was a rather large mate. If you can you keep image size to a maximum of 640x480 pixels (W x H), that would be great? Anything larger can be difficult to view easily in most browsers and older monitors.....

If you are unsure about how to easily resize your images,
      this link will hopefully assist .

Thanks,
      Mal.

Comment

Nice product placement there Andy LOL

Comment

So Andy, did you drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1219585124/0#0 date=1219585121

did a pretty good job of it still though

Comment

hey newbie
              was the "Why Not Cafe" in Jerusalem by any small chance?
              back in 97 there was a place called "lama lo" "why not"
              i played one gig there and got paid in beer...

Comment

It really sadens me when you sit down somewhere for a nice cup of coffee and when it arrives you just want to cry!!
                I had a long black the other day and the shot was poured first, then the water....aaaaahhhhh, I could even see the bottom of the cup through the coffee. Mandatory training should be provided at all coffee selling places.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by espressolover link=1219585124/0#7 date=1219630692
                  It really sadens me when you sit down somewhere for a nice cup of coffee and when it arrives you just want to cry!!
                  I had a long black the other day and the shot was poured first, then the water....aaaaahhhhh, I could even see the bottom of the cup through the coffee. Mandatory training should be provided at all coffee selling places.

Nick
                  I generally decide between water and a coffee pretty rapidly these days....If I order a coffee and it is rubbish, I send it back- with a business card

2mcm

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzy link=1219585124/0#1 date=1219589671
                    My old man Ordered a coffee in Cambodia it was jet back and had an inch and a half of condensed milk at the bottom..

Will find a pic and post it..
                    You will get that in most south east asian countries. FYI, I am Cambodian and would never drink coffee over there.

Comment

tis not my fault if they chose to use branded cups to "promote" the quality of their product.
                      :-)

I took the pic with my phone while Karen rolled her eyes and muttered something about coffee snob so I didnt dare try and get a second shot.

Hey, I think Newbie wins the prize for the TALLEST coffee ever. You would have 7 shades of trouble getting that to an outdoor table on a windy day.

So Andy, did you drink it?
                      I tried it. I was curious how you could get zero crema from beans that were ground in front of me and ran through a commercial espresso machine ...and I still dont understand how she managed it.

Hmmmm, maybe she had filter paper or an old coffee-pod in the bottom of the group-handle?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1219585124/0#10 date=1219633415
                        Hey, I think Newbie wins the prize for the TALLEST coffee ever.  You would have 7 shades of trouble getting that to an outdoor table on a windy day.
                        ;D Yeah imagine if they followed that 1/3 coffee, 1/3 milk, 1/3 foam rule haha. Itd have to be served in a stein.

Comment

A work colleague of mine used to stir the local cafe owner, saying that he was getting ripped off with too much foam and not enough coffee.

One day the guy took the pi$$ and dished this one up.

(But it pales compared to insignificance compared to the two above.)

Comment

Im not at home so please excuse the double post.

I spotted a new coffee cup in the kitchen today.
                            Heres a pic next to my 200ml cup for comparison.
                            Even so, the picture doesnt do it justice......its HUGE!!

Surely it would qualify for the tallest coffee?

Comment

The first pic looks a perfectly good cappuccino sundae to me TG - just missing the cherry on top.

Ive seen a few buckets used at various workplaces in my time. I always used to quip "does that last you all day?"

Comment

Working...
                              X