Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terra Keramik Cups

Hi Everyone,

Im desperately seeking a few (read one or more) of these as a present for my wife. I know there are a few of these lurking round australia, but they currently wont export this far because of shipping/dinkage issues. So if anyone has one/any theyd be happy to part with, please let me know the amount youd like for it/them by PM, and Ill send the funds!

Any reasonable amount will be considered!

cheers,

John.

Re: WTB: Terra Keramik Cups

Checkout the next barista comp... a few of them use them.

Maybe you might be able to talk David Makin out of his set (good luck)

Comment

Hehe I know a few people use them, but I dont think Id ever manage to bribe anyone to a set! One or two would be a major achievement!

Comment

You can buy them directly from TK. For a set of 6 espresso and 6 cappuccino youre looking at around $550 usd incl postage I think

Comment

Hi David,

possibly you can from TK as a well-known barista champion, but for the likes of myself they consider them too high risk to pack&post to australia

...seems silly.

Comment

We really appreciate the continued interest in Terra Keramik cups from the Australian coffee community. As has been discussed on this board and others, the cost of shipping to Australia (especially given the required packaging and the box size limitations imposed by all carriers) is prohibitive. For small quantities, this can almost double the cost of the cups. This is not in our control (btw, all major carriers are expected to raise international package rates again at year-end). We are researching more cost effective ways to serve the Australian and New Zealand markets, but in the meantime have decided to focus on working with several professional baristi who purchase cups for competition. We will post here as soon as we have found a means to bring these cups to Australia at a price that makes sense, and to provide the customer service and return policy that we offer in the United States and Canada. Thank you!

Comment

get yourself a US postal address, and then take it from there....
              there are heap of companies doing it. allows people to take advantage of the strong AUD, and get around some of the limitations of not living in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by krusty link=1219657940/0#6 date=1219984323
                get yourself a US postal address, and then take it from there....
                there are heap of companies doing it. allows people to take advantage of the strong AUD, and get around some of the limitations of not living in the US.
                I had some Illy nude cups sent over from Europe - well packed, and would have required an elephant to have sat on them for any chance of breakage. Postage was pretty reasonable too. So really, I dont feel I have any limitations living where I do. It seems to me that the limitations are all at the US end, not ours.

Comment

what ive found with my purchases from the US you can get some companies that are fair dinkum about their postage costs and the options they choose for posting and then you get others that have their heads where the sun dont shine
                  i tried to purchase a digital camera through one mob a few years back and the postage was more than the camera, it was like $180 US, oh and they spruiked about how they like to deal international and so when i sent them an email they replied that was the only postage option they were willing to use end of story, on the other hand i purchased some items lately and one box larger then say a digital camera box cost me $30 to be shipped and i had it in about 6 days

go figure ;D

Darren

Comment

At this risk of being a litle rude some companies in particular from the US are very insular in their approach believing they are the only market that matters! 300 million US vs 6 billion at the end of the day.

In this case some of us here might be happy to wear the possibililty of a chipped cup and pay the ammount required for postage, but to not post overseas and blame postage costs that surely is a cop out???

I have shipped goods into the US and around the world on many occasions from my little shop in Oz for a price that customers were happy to pay, if they are not happy simple then they dont buy.

Anyway sorry to drag this topic further from your search.

best of luck.

Comment

thanks beanflying (and others)

and thankyou terrakeramik for posting. I may not agree with the logic behind your arguements but I accept thats the state of the game at the moment.

Have you looked at lemon-scented dishwasher tablets being a possible cause of platinum problems? Its fairly well known.

Considering I just shipping a high-end TFT monitor weighing 9KG to Bosnia for one of my designers, shipping glazed, platinum-dipped ceramic object the same distance in the opposite direction certainly seems......easy!

does a mod want to remove the WTB and take this out of the for sale forum? seems its wandered a little far from the original post, but its a useful discussion imo!

If you look at the services Amazon use for international shipping, its fairly clear there are some cost effective options from the US, but it might be possible to do another way.

Comment

Re: Terra Keramik Cups

This is my first post, I hope it will prove useful.  
                        Having read your discussion regarding these beautiful cups, I  typed .ch (for Switzerland) instead of .com & was taken to the Terra Keramik site in Switzerland. http://www.terrakeramik.ch .
                        Most of the site is in German but it appears they will ship your order to Australia, I went thru the whole order process, ordering 4 espresso cups & saucers, with the aid of Google translate. the last comment from Terra Keramick was
                        "Thank you very much!
                        Your order has been sent.
                        Our team will soon contact with them."

Prices quoted: Espresso cup & saucer, 40 Swiss francs, Cappuccino cup & saucer, 45 Swiss francs.
                        I received a confirmation of my order by e-mail but paying for them may prove to be inconvenient as they dont appear to have credit card facilities, I have cut & pasted their "Terms of Payment"

Terms of Payment
                        The customer will be charged the price specified in the order confirmation.
                        Unless agreed otherwise, all products, services and shipping costs are to be settled by bank transfer to our account with the cantonal bank of Zurich (Zürcher Kantonalbank, ZKB), Switzerland. The payment terms and deadlines specified in the order confirmation are binding.
                        The data saved by Terra Keramik constitutes evidence of all transactions between Terra Keramik and its customers. The Terra Keramik and ZKB data saved by the payment transfer system constitutes evidence of the financial transactions.
                        In case of partial shipments, the customer will be charged exclusively for the products shipped plus shipping cost.

Here is their address & phone number:
                        Terra ceramics
                        Obergasse 11
                        8400 Winterthur
                        Switzerland  
                        Phone 0041 52 213 08 08

Regards
                        macca

Comment

Originally posted by beanflying link=1219657940/0#9 date=1220005717
                          In this case some of us here might be happy to wear the possibililty of a chipped cup and pay the ammount required for postage, but to not post overseas and blame postage costs that surely is a cop out???
                          Presumably Reto is modestly trying to avoid tooting his own horn, so Ill spell it out for you. Reto supplies these cups with a ridiculously good warranty, which has turned out to be important because the platinum glaze has rubbed off a few. When that has happened, Reto has replaced them immediately, at no cost to the buyer, no questions asked. I couldnt believe it, but he actually replaced the sample cup that he sent me for free. I told him not to and he did it anyway. You might bear the cost of shipping, but he will bear the cost of replacement, which is a bit crazy with such high postage costs.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Hi Luca,

nice to know the service is good on these and if they can arrange distribution in Oz would be great as well.

It is just normal commercial retail practice in most cases if you produce or send a dud item or sell one over the counter to repair or replace that item. In Australia this is actually basic consumer law. Last year I sold an item to Finland that the customer emailled back and said had a problem. I posted him another item at my cost on his say so and he sent the suspect item direct to the manufacturer in the US for inspection and testing (turns out the item was fine). In theory I could have had the customer send me the item back to me for testing then sent it back causing delays all round.

The return cost argument doesnt hold up in the case of the cups as a photo should suffice in some cases as proof but if washed incorrectly (or placed in a microwave ) all bets are off and it is hard to prove or disprove either way. This return cost is normally worn by the customer in most cases regardless of the item concerned.

Sorry for the digression from the initial thread.

Comment

These would have to be my favourite cups on my shortlist of two types.

Comment

Working...
                              X