How often do you service your tamp ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you service your tamp ?

Now, I know some of you will be think AM has had one too many risottos opps  middle of teh pour coffees.    However I have a few Tamps and most of them cheep...   But I have noticed that  a polish appeared to assist... Then I had another RED or two...

So off I went to research and I found this http://groups.google.com/group/alt.coffee/browse_thread/thread/24d88170609cf32c  needless to say I fell about for a while ROFLMAO, as I could see where both parties and some onlookers were getting confused...

Then I forgot about it... as  the next morning was a blur... and needless to say it was polishing a CPU  and CPU heat sink, that reminded me...

Open for discussion, before I go grab another red or two...

How do you treat your Tamp and does it really get old and loose its edge ?

Re: How often do you service your tamp ?

Oh, definitely. Every six months I send mine away to be serviced and it comes back good as new. It only costs $65 per service plus postage. The difference is really noticeable

(BTW its best if you time the service so that its done at the time of a full moon so that the metal molecules are all lined up properly.)

Comment

I was going to get mine serviced after I finished polishing the beans from my last roast.

Comment

Originally posted by bogongtiger link=1220257151/0#1 date=1220258696
        Oh, definitely.  Every six months I send mine away to be serviced and it comes back good as new.  It only costs $65 per service plus postage.  The difference is really noticeable  

(BTW its best if you time the service so that its done at the time of a full moon so that the metal molecules are all lined up properly.)
        Damm... I need to charge more...  I only get dinner made, after I sharpen the main Knife (20 min on a stone and a strop) ....  

Maybe we could do an exchange service and include some magnetic  strips to help the Tamp stay in service for longer..  

Something tells me there might be $$$ to be made here :

Comment

I personally think crystals are the way to go much more subtle than magnets which are over valued. Plus you can charge a lot more for quartz. ;D

Comment

I dont know if I should laugh at em or just shake my head slowly side to side and mutter "tsk tsk"?

EVERYONE KNOWS what should be used to tune your tamp...

(works on quartz and magnets too, but not during a high tide)

Comment

Not much money to be made selling Brasso . besides it is an abrasive and would remove microns of metal each time and the tamper would wear out ion 30 or 40 years of polishing. :

However what about pyramids, they work on everything 20 or 30 years under a pyramid and it should be right to go. ;D ;D

Personally I find a wipe with a soft cloth works.

Comment

What about using Brockys polariser, its sure to you in tune, mind, body & soul with your tamper ;D

Comment

Of course you are all wrong.

I know a mystic New Age practitioner who can knock up (so to speak) a you beaut Homeopathic salve to cure your tamp of all known maladies that plague our tamps.

Of course I am the sole worldwide agent for this remedy so let me know your requirements.

5% discount for all coffeesnob members of course.

Franchises available.....

Comment

What about the old theory that whatever is placed in a copper pyramid becomes clean,sharp or just works better.

Comment

Surely the sporting thing to do would be polish it with saliva - suitably minty of course.

Comment

That might end up with the tamp leaning to the left at the start of the day, but then reversing to the right at the end of the day.

Youre all quite mad really. The only ASDA approved method is the Norwegian Fish Slapping dance performed bi-annually.

Comment

Whatever drugs those people on that forum are on, Can I have some too???

Personally I set my Reg Barber in front of my Speakers, then turn up ZZ TOP to 10....

Comment

My amp goes up to 11. That works well for my pullman.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeol link=1220257151/0#10 date=1220347596
                              Surely the sporting thing to do would be polish it with saliva - suitably minty of course.
                              hee hee... the ol Parent-Patent-Pending spit in the corner of the hanky trick eh?
                              Works a treat for all manner of problems from dirt around the face to broken limbs and now fixing dodgy coffee tamps.

8-)

Comment

Working...
                              X