nescafe GREEN blend??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nescafe GREEN blend??!!

Dont know if anyone else has seen the adverts for this biarre concoction...

Follow this link for an explanation http://www.nestle.com.au/Products/Dr...Greenblend.htm

Mmm, sounds nice, but I think Ill just stick to real coffee or real green tea!

Re: nescafe GREEN blend??!!

Anything that good for you cant taste to good [smiley=tongue.gif].  Having drunk many of Nescafes products (before finding Coffeesnobs 8-)) over the years I cant see them improving with this one.

Comment

"Made from 100% roasted & unroasted coffee beans"

What the...?

Comment

Note to Nescafe

Not for me thanks

KK

Comment

I smell gimmick (green beans are cheaper than roasted) but found this

Raw coffee bean may aid obesity battle

By Neil Merrett17-Oct-2007 -

Unroasted green coffee bean extract taken as a drink or supplement can help people reduce weight, according to a new study.

The study, to be published in the November 2007 edition of the Journal of International Medical Research, was funded by Norway-based Med-Eq, which makes Coffeeslender, a slimming drink made from unroasted green coffee beans.

Scientist Erling Thom, who headed a team that completed the study, said the research highlighted some benefits in weight reduction by consuming products like Coffeeslender.

"Green coffee bean extract supplemented coffee has a significant effect on the absorption and utilisation of some nutrients from the diet," he stated. "This effect, when Coffeeslender is used for a reasonable period, has been shown to aid weight management."

The testing, a randomised, double blind study performed on 30 people, took place over 12 weeks. The testing compared Coffeeslender with instant coffee.

Half the participants drank Coffeeslender, with the remaining group put on instant coffee.

Thom reported that the Coffeeslender group recorded an average weight loss of 5.4kg (11.9 lbs) over the period. Those consuming instant coffee by comparison, posted no "significant" difference in weight, according to the study.

Comment

Wow a whole 30 people for 12 weeks now there is a Today Tonight worthy study Where is the taken in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet and exercise ..... as opposed to the rest of the study on a diet of TV and Muckdonalds.

Big Coffee, Big Oil, Big Tobacco big deal. Give me some Beans roasted with care an electric car and a hand rolled Cigar

Down with the Corporate Culture and marketing spin I say bring on the revolution [smiley=evil.gif]

Comment

...not to mention "funded by Norway-based Med-Eq, which makes Coffeeslender"

Objective science, not

Comment

I want an electric car as well Flynnaus, imagine, charged from solar cells at home/work and never having to bow down to big oil again. Not to mention, in dash HX espresso machine as an option. Mind you, metallic paint is usually $400-$1000 extra as an option, i wonder how much that "fruit" would cost?
                Also love a nice cigar.
                James

Comment

I saw this the other night and wondered how long it would be before a thread was started
                  Something makes me think I will be leaving it on the shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon link=1222903553/0#8 date=1223162459
                    Something makes me think I will be leaving it on the shelves.
                    Yeah! However, I have such a morbid fascination that I almost wanna go out and buy some! Its a "I cant look yet I cant look away" type thing...much like a horrible car crash!

Comment

I reckon it would make a pretty good plant fertiliser.

Comment

has anyone tried grinding greens?

Comment

I will be leaving it the stupidmarket.Havent bought instant for years and Im not going to.

Comment

Was in the Coles stoopidmarket yesterday and heard an ad for this on their p.a. Definitely had a "What the...!?" moment with my son and I speculating on the various types to be rushing to buy that product.

Couldnt even bear to go to the coffee section to check it out for ourselves!! ;D

Comment

Im wondering what consumer research they have done on this product. As bad as instant coffee tastes, my not quite roasted long enough beans taste awful. Anyway, wouldnt the process of making it instant cancel out any of the medicinal benefits?

Comment

Working...
                              X