Yemen Bani Ismail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yemen Bani Ismail

It seems like theres certain times of the year that certain varieties are offered which is not surprising because of the seasons for harvest; the yemens were offered in earlier this year in March. Will it be about the same time next year that the yemenis will appear?

Re: Yemen Bani Ismail

Seasons of harvest are fairly fixed.

Milling, storage, sale at origin, international shipping, customs, AQIS and broker distribution all add the "X" factor that is anyones guess!

I have cupped some great Ismaili samples but the container hasnt arrived yet. Might be Jan, Feb or even March before we get em. There are some past crop one around but I would rather wait.

Comment

This is one I want to try
      I will wait a few months if I have to

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 3B343E235A0 link=1228684414/1#1 date=1228714920
        Might be Jan, Feb or even March before we get em.
        Geez, I hope its soon.

I have just run out....and I was hoping it would be this month.

Watch out when it does come on. I will buy the whole lot!! :P

-Linda

Comment

At 22.50 per kg last year? Good luck

Comment

Well worth every cent paid for the Yemenis I reckon.

Comment

Yes, Ive found them well worth the top dollar in the past.

Comment

My wifes favourite so far.

Comment

one of my faves as well, and worth every cent. so small and ugly, but so TASTY!

*waits for container to arrive*

Comment

Originally posted by 6D4A41707C2F0 link=1228684414/4#4 date=1232338654
                    Yes...even if I have to mortgage my house! ;D :P Well worth every cent Ben.

-Linda

Comment

Originally posted by 7854565654466A565D5C565E54350 link=1228684414/9#9 date=1232413693
                      Yes...even if I have to mortgage my house!   ;D :P Well worth every cent Ben.

-Linda
                      Ben are you going to tell my wife she cant have them?

Comment

Originally posted by 4A666464667458646F6E646C66070 link=1228684414/9#9 date=1232413693
                        Yes...even if I have to mortgage my house!   ;D :P Well worth every cent Ben.

-Linda
                        LOL - good luck with that.

I did buy some last year. And maybe I am roasting it incorrectly, but I am just not a big fan. For espresso, I have had much better beans at less than half the price. I get so much more from some of the Indonesians or Ethiopians.

I am glad I have tried them, but without offending anyone - I think they are overhyped

Comment

thats one of the great things about coffee and unique palates Ben_S, we all enjoy different flavours!

Hey TG, if Linda does succeed in getting ALL the Yemen when it comes in, Ill push her over and you can steal the greens

Your wife will have to share with me though! ;D

Comment

I am definitely in for some more! It was one of the most complex coffee I have ever tried. But can we have it this time with less Rocks in them? LOL.. ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 3F3C3E32333038342E29382F5D0 link=1228684414/13#13 date=1232544422
                              But can we have it this time with less Rocks in them? LOL.. ;D ;D
                              You too BM?. The last 1kg I got down to had several small rocks in it...along with corn kernels and hay. ;D

Ben, I would love to catch up with you one Beanbay pickup and compare notes on the Yemen.

-Linda

Comment

Working...
                              X