Tea- Darjeeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea- Darjeeling

I would love to see another premium off from Darjeeling. The last (and only) offer was a real beauty; fine and fragrant and very refreshing. I would certainly buy a kilo or three!

Re: Tea- Darjeeling

We are looking for a Christmas Tea (nearly a tradition now) so Ill keep that in mind when I speak with the importers.

I liked that one too.

Comment

I didnt get any of the last Darj, but if it was offered again, Id def grab some.

Would it be possible to offer it in smaller lots, like a few hundred grams? A Melbourne group buy would solve that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by rice link=1161518979/0#2 date=1161536632
        I didnt get any of the last Darj, but if it was offered again, Id def grab some.

Would it be possible to offer it in smaller lots, like a few hundred grams? A Melbourne group buy would solve that problem.
        Youve gotta remember that its not like Andy can buy just 5kg. I think that Darjeeling comes in ~20kg bags wholesale, so weve gotta account for at least one of those ....

... that said, Id pick up a kg and split it up into smaller packs for xmas presents, and Im sure that Im not the only one ...

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

If you want pre-committments, Ill buy a Kilo of Darjeeling! (maybe even two - depending on price)

Comment

Id also put my hand up for 2kg of Darj if it was anywhere near as good as the last one.

Comment

Youve gotta remember that its not like Andy can buy just 5kg. I think that Darjeeling comes in ~20kg bags wholesale, so weve gotta account for at least one of those ....
              Too true, and we dont really have that many tea drinkers here. The last gunpowder tea was a 30kg minimum which is a hell of a lot of 50g/100g lots.

split it up into smaller packs for xmas presents
              which is exactly where my kilo will go too.

The highest grade of Darjeeling that we can get is a First Flush SFTGFOP1 (Super Fine Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe 1st grade)

After freight and packing we should be able to offer it at $30/kg

T2 sell the same grade at $38 for a 100g tin ($380/kg but you get tins!).

The punchline is we can offer it in smaller lots too, $30 for 100g or $30 for 1 kilo just select which size you would like when ordering.

Comment

ROFL - naaaa I reckon I can dispose of at least a kilo as Christmas pressies - great idea too! Ill put my photoshop skills to work and do labels for it. Ive already done some for coffee pressies Ive given to a few friends.

I imagine a kilo is a good sized bag given how much tea is in a 50g box.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1161518979/0#6 date=1161565457
                  T2 sell the same grade at $38 for a 100g tin ($380/kg but you get tins!).
                  What sort of tins?
                  Theyd want to be pretty impressive.

Comment

Ill put my photoshop skills to work and do labels for it
                    hmmm... sounds like a good topic for a new thread in the Art Gallery.
                    "Labels I have produced"
                    I would like to see how creative some of you guys are.
                    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?board=gallery

Impressive tins?

Ill let you decide if square milo tins are worth $35 ea...

Comment

Hmmmmm, interesting. :

Have always wanted to be a TeaSnob too ...... but one can only be just so snobbish cannot one. Also being a BeerSnob and wanna be ChocolateSnob.

Incidentally how long do these teas keep? As long as the average green bean?

Belinda

Comment

Ill certainly be up for a kilo of a good tea.
                        I didnt think I was much of a tea person, and Im not, but the kilo I bought several polls back has almost vanished. Another addiction hobby to add to the list, I suppose.

Comment

Yes,

Id buy 2 kilos if you get hold of some Andy..

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Incidentally how long do these teas keep?
                            I think the correct answer is: “directly proportional to how much of a TeaSnob you actually are”

Heck, I have seen roasted coffee with a 3 year use-by date so its entirely a matter of personal taste (or lack thereof).

Ive had green teas that were 12 months old and as long as they were in an air tight container they were still fragrant and drinkable although I could tell it had lost some of the initial zing.

Retail tea can be years old before sale which is why wholesale tea from a known shipment is a far better way to buy.

Dry, dark, airtight – will give the longest shelf life.

[hr]

I looks like there is enough interest so Ill start the ball rolling on a pointy-end tea for next month.
                            (BYO tin)

Comment

The whole tin thing has given me pause for thought - so my Christmas tea will be packed in a mini-billy and labelled appropriately.

Solver paint stores sell new shiny paint tins in three sizes (with lids) for a couple of dollars each and I reckon with a nice airtight inner wrapping for the tea they might suit for the outer packaging.

Comment

Working...
                              X