Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Roasted Coffee to WA

Hi All

Ive looked on the WA Quarantine site and cant see anything specific on it, but Id like to send my mum some of my roasted beans every now and then.

A vain attempt to try and make her Eurolab piece of junk produce a half decenti-ish coffee :P (Shes a widower and a pensioner, so its all she can afford for the moment, unfortunately, the poor woman...)

Can anyone advise me whether there are any restrictions on sending her the coffee beans, or are they likely to be ripped open by the hounds from hell from the Postal Centre.

(Loooooove those beagles! - theyre the best thing about landing at Perth Airport but the hardest thing on earth not to give them a scruff around the ears and tell them how beautiful they are!)

Cheers
    Di

Re: Sending Roasted Coffee to WA

Roasted coffee is posted all the time to all corners of this big island of ours by Australian coffee roasters so I would not envisage a problem

KK

Comment

Thanks KK - I just wasnt sure if there you guys (ie; the professional roasters) had some sort of special dispensation to get over the border.

I know when you fly into Perth youre not allowed to take any plant, fruit or vegetables into WA because of risk of contamination/diseases so just wasnt sure if there was any of the same restrictions on the postal service for domestic, personal parcels.

Cheers
      Di

Comment

Originally posted by 476076647C0F0 link=1233484662/2#2 date=1233557144
        I know when you fly into Perth youre not allowed to take any plant, fruit or vegetables into WA because of risk of contamination/diseases so just wasnt sure if there was any of the same restrictions on the postal service for domestic, personal parcels.

Cheers
        Di
        There probably is with respect to Greens, an AQIS certificate of some sort perhaps... :-?

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 163127352D5E0 link=1233484662/2#2 date=1233557144
          I know when you fly into Perth youre not allowed to take any plant, fruit or vegetables into WA because of risk of contamination/diseases
          That wouldnt apply to "cooked" beans.
          All those things you mentioned were fresh/raw.

Comment

Excellent, thanks guys - will start roasting her up a batch and send it through, then.

Now lets just hope the sniffer pups and handlers dont like the smell of my coffee!

Comment

The local posties always wonder where the smell comes from when I collect our office supply of beans from the Delivery Centre. And when Andy throws in my Chai Spice mix too, you can just imagine...

Comment

Working...
              X