half Flat white or Latte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• half Flat white or Latte

Visited a small corner coffee at Roselle the other day and it was a quiet day I heard the boss asked the guy behind the machine to make a half latte for him and a flat white for his son, by the way I know the person behind the machine is new to the job so can someone tell me what is a half latte or flat white?
    Thanks

Re: half Flat white or Latte

Ive never heard of a half latte but guess its half size.

I drink flat whites every day; Espresso topped with steamed milk with only a couple of mm of foam on top.

Comment

A flat white is an espresso with lightly textured milk added ie heated but not as much microfoam as for latte or capps.

A 1/2 latte Im guessing would be a piccolo latte ie served in a 150ml cup?

Comment

Half latte = weak latte? 1/2 shot? dunno.

Comment

Maybe he just meant use one side (1/2) of the shot for a latte, and the other side for a flat?

Comment

Based on price at a place near me, a half latte is a full shot of coffee with half the milk. Between a piccollo (equal coffee/milk) and a regular latte (30ml/200ml). Maybe a shot with 100ml milk on top?

Comment

Sounds like a Medium Macchiato to me.

Comment

we get the occasional ask for a three quarter latte which is a latte with 3/4 the amount of milk of a normal

Comment

In Adelaide these are a menu item at some places, commonly referred to as a machiatone. Most picolo lattes would be around half the size of a machiatone, though it does depend on the place serving them.

Comment

A half latte is a regular feature around Melbourne and I quite often drink them when Im out - as Doug says above its a standard shot of coffee with half the milk added.

Makes sense if you drink a lot of coffees in the space of a day and enjoy the flavour of the milk, but dont want to consume too much of the stuff (the milk that is)

Cheers,

Pat

Comment

i think i will be trying one of those, i quite often get a double shot so that i get more coffee and less milk.

Comment

i was under the impression that piccolo latte and a half latte were the same??? picollo simply meaning small or little in italian??? :-?

Comment

Maybe, but not in adelaide

Comment

Working...
                          X