Clear All

• Palaks glasses

I have taken a photo with my Bezzera my newly acquired  
    Palaks glasses X 4 for $8.00 at a church thrift shop

Machine and Glass look like they are made for each other

They have a different shape but similar to the Duralex Picardie
    They measure  9cm high, & 9cm dia
    Filled to the top hold 300ml

Pasabache and PALAKS marked in the bottom with the mould number #4 and TURKEY.

I am not sure for certain if they are hardened glass like Duralex but was told they may have been made around the 60s but they could just as easily be from now ??

Anyway they make lovely latte glasses

KK

Re: Palaks glasses

Nice find KK.... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1B3F363635350F1B3F233D3F500 link=1238591736/0#0 date=1238591736
      I have taken a photo with my Bezzera
      Wow, it makes coffee AND takes photos!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 343F342C273A6062550 link=1238591736/2#2 date=1238599730
        Originally posted by 1B3F363635350F1B3F233D3F500 link=1238591736/0#0 date=1238591736
        I have taken a photo with my Bezzera
        Wow, it makes coffee AND takes photos!  ;D
        This would not be selective journalism :-/

But hey I meant that my machine makes a good model and of course makes a beautiful coffee as well

What more can a coffee snob ask for

Does anybody know if these glasses are hardened as I have not been able to get any factual info so far

KK

Comment

Try smashing one and then tell us. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 40424E4646484F52210 link=1238591736/4#4 date=1238641996
            Try smashing one and then tell us.  ;D
            That will surely do it
            But the espresso machine will miss its new friend :P

KK

Comment

I have 4 double shot sized Palaks I got with a Turkish stovetop I bought a while back.
              They look like yours KK only smaller.

They also included 2 similar looking "Vetravir" made in Italy.

Comment

This is interesting. When I bought my machine about 6mths ago I wanted some glasses for Mocchas & Lattes so I just bought a set of 4 from Woolworths for about $5. It didnt say anything on the pack about coffee or heat resistent but they looked right. I have just had another look at them and they have "Palaks" & "27" on the bottom. They are 105mm tall & hold 225ml - fine for Lattes.
                I just Googled Palaks and it threw up a couple of references for Duralex Picardy.
                So...what is the story on Palaks?

Comment

From what I have gathered from here, http://www.patricktaylor.com, Palaks is made by Pasabahce in Turkey, well known for glassware and ceramics.
                  Also, Duralex is now largely owned by Turkish businessman and wholesaler, Sinan Solmaz. I cant determine if he has any connection with Pasabahce.

Comment

We have Palaks glasses for water/softdrink etc.- they were $10 for 10 at Bilo and we are on our second box. I know nothing about hardening, but I do know that when they break, they pretty much explode and shatter into a bazillion pieces. Ive never seen anything like it. :-/

Comment

So it sounds like we will get a bit of bang for our bucks with the Palaks! Just on appearance they looked to me like they were intended for hot drinks as they are fairly thick and look strong. The shot is not all that hot and the milk is even less so - probably OK for coffee even if not Pyrex-strong. What are others thoughts?

Comment

My daughter just chipped one of my glasses and I looked at the bottom of it... Palaks. They havent exploded on me yet. Mine are just the right size for lattes & long blacks. I like them, just cant remember where I got them from.

Comment

Originally posted by 5A40564343370 link=1238591736/9#9 date=1238780857
                          they pretty much explode and shatter into a bazillion pieces
                          Crystal type pieces?
                          Like exploded tempered glass?

Comment

Originally posted by 4C706D767C7D6A7F777C180 link=1238591736/12#12 date=1238805176
                            Originally posted by 5A40564343370 link=1238591736/9#9 date=1238780857
                            they pretty much explode and shatter into a bazillion pieces
                            Crystal type pieces?
                            Like exploded tempered glass?
                            Like little cubes of glass. Millions of them.

Comment

Duralex glasses are notorious for that as well- especially when collected out of a warm dishwasher..Kaboom!

Comment

Working...
                              X