Clear Glass Espresso Cups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Glass Espresso Cups

Im looking for some clear glass espresso cups. I have looked in a bunch of stores (a lot actually) and have tried online too, and the only ones I have found are Bodum ones in David Jones. These are perfect and I would love to have these, except they are $40 for two, and that is a fair bit more than I wanted to pay.

So does anyone know where I could get some cheaper clear glass espresso cups?

Re: Clear Glass Espresso Cups

Do a search for "Bormiolli."

Comment

Thanks Randy G,

Had a bit of a look at the Bormioli. They have an espresso cup in the Duos collection that I like the look of.

Do you know where I might be able to have a look at these?

Comment

Just found out they sell Bormioli at House

Comment

I have seen those espresso cups for $15 in a store I had no idea they were that expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by 192825262526490 link=1239290402/2#2 date=1239292440
            Thanks Randy G,

Do you know where I might be able to have a look at these?
            Well, if you drop by I would be glad to drive you down to the store..  
            I am at N 39 43 32  W 121 29 37

I have the ones with the wire handles. Some have reported that the little spot weld on the band-to-handle junction has broken, but all mine have held up nicely. The glass used for the ones with the mteal handle is borosilicate, so they are  quite tough.

I got mine years ago on a closeout on the web.

Comment

I have the Bodum laminated glasses for latte and they are brilliant, keep the coffee hot and the fingers cool, they are expensive but if you shop around when they are on special you might pick them up at a good price. Mine worked out a $12 each. Good birthday/chrissy present hint for rellies!!!

Comment

Hey bored,

If you go to Chefs Hat in Sth Melbourne, they usually have a good selection of Duralex glasses in all sizes.

Another suggestion is to go to Ikea, they have really cute little espresso glasses for about 2 bucks for 6.

And if there is any store like Victorias Basement in Melbourne, then you could pickup the Bodum glasses for about 15 dollars for two, like I did.

You could also try Peters of Kensington...they have a website and might sell them online as well.

This photo is of my Ikea glasses...

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.  

I looked on the Victorias Basement website and the Peters of Kensington website, neither had what I was after though. Do they both have retail stores?

Ive had a look in Ikea too.

I guess my tastes are a little too specific. I have seen other espresso glasses around like the ones Im after, in videos, and in pictures around the web and in stores.

I really would have thought that a clear glass espresso cup (with the little handle) would be more popular. I like to see my shot pouring into the glass (doesnt everyone? ) and I prefer the aesthetics of the cups with the handle over the handle-less ones.

I really never thought it would be this difficult to find what Im after.  

Again, thanks for all the replies so far.  

Comment

Yes, both Peters and Victorias have stores. Though I think only in Sydney? Victorias Basement has two outlets that I know of, one in the QV Building in the city and one out at Alexandria. Peters is at Kensington of course!!

Are you talking about the glasses with the metal handles? I should think you could just about pick them up at any Woolies or Kmart??

Comment

these are about 90ml I htink.  Duralex viva (I think that is the model).  Not sure where to get them though, I bought these a few years back in sydney junk store (after looking for something like this in melb for a long time!). They cost me around $8ea.

Comment

Definitely no metal handles.

Want an all glass one. Much like the one Damian has posted. ;D

Thanks Damian. I will look these up.

Comment

Very nice rosetta by the way Damian! ;D

Comment

Glad you like it! Just ckecked, 100ml exactly. If you happen to find some otehr nice glass ones in melb be sure to let us know,im after some more.

Comment

Will do. I will be continuing my search after easter. Hopefully there will also be some sales on.

Comment

Working...
                              X