Water Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Filter

I have found several references to the Brita water filter system.

But I would like to ask for views on the Water Purifier Candle [gravity water filtration] system utilised in the Waterco, Stefani, Australis, Aquaramic and others, systems. This seems to me to be superior to the Brita?

Such refinements as in-line, under the counter, cartridge in the machine [Giotto PP] filter or softener are not viable for me.

Appreciate any advice.

Re: Water Filter

Suggest you find out if it treats the water for scale.

Generally for a coffee machine you want:

A) particle filtration
    B) removal of odours
    C) treatment that stops the formation of scale once the water has passed through the filter and into the machine.

WRT equipment service, you can run machines for years without particle filters in some areas with little to no problem and you can run without treatment for odours, but you really shouldnt run without treatment to stop build up of scale. Its the worst of the three when you look at long term effect.

Comment

Originally posted by 50717A7D675E59140 link=1240375088/1#1 date=1240376954
      Suggest you find out if it treats the water for scale.

Generally for a coffee machine you want:

A) particle filtration
      B) removal of odours
      C) treatment that stops the formation of scale once the water has passed through the filter and into the machine.

WRT equipment service, you can run machines for years without particle filters in some areas with little to no problem and you can run without treatment for odours, but you really shouldnt run without treatment to stop build up of scale. Its the worst of the three when you look at long term effect.
      I agree to a large extent...

But what I want to know, is Where have you been... WhoisDenisJC? : over the last week ?

Comment

If you really want to know more about water filtering from the perspective of looking after your coffee hardware, Id recommend talking to one or more of our Site Sponsors who deal with this sort of thing all the time and at a number of different levels. Bombora is an obvious one, Attilio from CosmoreX Coffee who possesses a wealth of practical knowledge and experience in this and many other facets. No doubt there are others too but I know from personal experience that these guys know their stuff.... 8-)

Cheers,
        Mal.

Comment

What I have gleaned from previous discussions on this subject is that the Stefani candles dont remove the scale causing agents. I have a water softener cartridge in the water tank as well as using the Stefani so hopefully this will provide protection for my internals.

Comment

Working...
          X