Kona Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kona Hawaii

Hi, I am off to Kona for work next month. Does anyone have any recommendations of plantations etc. to visit?
    Cheers

Re: Kona Hawaii

Originally posted by 1207000D0D0E0F58610 link=1240550451/0#0 date=1240550451
    Hi, I am off to Kona for work next month. Does anyone have any recommendations of plantations etc. to visit?
    Cheers
    Hi sfallon9 and welcome....

I used the search tab up yonder ^^^^^^ and instantly found http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1228904084/0#0

You will find some plantations listed if you read through the responses

Enjoy

2mcm

Comment

We found there were a lot of plantations around, but not all of them seem to want visitors.
      The ones we visited were:
      Greenwell Farms
      Kona Blue Sky
      Mountain Thunder

Basically, we ended up at these ones because they seem geared to the tourist thing. The coffee was OK from all places, but none of them seemed to be particularly artful when it came to roasting.
      One place we went (cant recall the name) was roasting whilst we were there and they said "We put the beans in for x minutes at x temperature and that is our Full City roast".
      I asked if they had roast profiles and gave an example of what I meant and they just shook their heads.
      Most of the Kona coffee I had over there was brewed (drip filter).
      It was OK, but nowhere near being worth what they charge for it.

I enjoyed visiting the farms though!

Do a Google on Kona coffee plantation tours. Youll get some useful info (and some sorely out of date infor too!).

Brett.

Comment

Hi sfallon9

Kim & Lewis Johnson from Long Mountain (www.longmountainkona.com) are really nice people and the coffee is good. I dont know anything about pricing or how they operate regarding visits etc.

Caffeol

Comment

Working...
        X